Old 31st May 2011, 18:34

Default strange open_basedir behaviour

Hi,

I am using ispconfig3 for php websites in fcgid mod (apache2 is a worker model)
I have stranges error messages in my apache error logs. Here is a snippet:

Code:
[Tue May 31 18:20:20 2011] [warn] [client 77.200.156.131] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning:  is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/pear/ZendM/View/Helper/Doctype.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client0/web9/web:/var/www/clients/client0/web9/tmp:/var/www/webmail.horoa.net/web:/srv/www/webmail.horoa.net/web:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/pear/ZendM/View/Helper:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin) in /var/www/clients/client0/web9/web/m/protected_app/library/Zend/Loader.php on line 198
Unless I'm becomming blind (which may happen) the requested file *IS* in the open_basedir. I even tried to add the exact path but still get the same error.

Does anyone have an idea where the issue is located?

Last edited by alxgomz; 31st May 2011 at 18:43.
Sponsored Links
Old 31st May 2011, 20:12
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,377 Times in 4,224 Posts

The path looks fine, so maybe it is a permission issue.

Do you have suexec enabled?
Does it work when you use mod_php?
Old 1st June 2011, 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
The path looks fine, so maybe it is a permission issue.

Do you have suexec enabled?
yes I have tried to disable suexec but got the same message (additionnally, I had to change some permission)

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Does it work when you use mod_php?
No it's the same with libapache-mod-php5 and apache prefork:
Code:
[Wed Jun 01 10:06:31 2011] [error] [client 77.200.156.131] PHP Warning:  is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/pear/ZendM/View/Helper/Doctype.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client0/web9/web:/var/www/clients/client0/web9/tmp:/var/www/webmail.horoa.net/web:/srv/www/webmail.horoa.net/web:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/pear/ZendM/View/Helper:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin) in /var/www/clients/client0/web9/web/m/protected_app/library/Zend/Loader.php on line 198
I have to say the requested file doesn't exists, however the php scripts doesn't even know that, as open_basedir doesn't let it check...