Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 29th May 2011, 23:46

Default ISPC3 Ubuntu 10.10 internal testing

Ok guys, I've read a few of the post here but i've yet to find one that true answers my question. So heres the info.
I'm setting up a server for testing only accessible thru my LAN.
I install ubuntu server 10.10 and ispc3. NO problems at all.
i logged in to the admin section of ISPC and created a client, gave it a website, ftp,dns, and ns setup.dns has the domain snscompgame.com set to the ip of the server (192.168.1.50). when i open a web browser though, im unalbe to access this. I check the DNS zone settin in ISPC and the ip's are correct, and set to the server ip. so i'm not sure what i'm missing. let me know what suggestion or solutions you have.
I'm still new with ISPC and advanced begginer with with UbSrv 10.10.
thanks guys.
Vamps
Sponsored Links
Old 30th May 2011, 11:39
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,661 Times in 4,468 Posts

Websites can only be accessed by its domain name and not by IP address. If you want to test a domain name in a internal network, then add it to the hosts file of your workstation as described here in the FAQ:

http://www.faqforge.com/linux/contro...-a-dns-record/