Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 18th May 2011, 17:36

Default ISPConfig 3 Postfix Problem (Tutorial Perfect Server Centos)

Hello everyone,
I have a problem after installing a server with centos 5.6 and follow the tutorial to fully implement a mail server (perfect server ISPConfig3), because once completed the whole process all services are operational and listening but doing a telnet on port 25 no screen or no indication so even if the service is running postfix not respond to any command, everything else works imap, pop3 setting up boxes, but clearly if I can not send or receive mail is unused ....

Thanks a lot for the help

Andr
Sponsored Links
Old 19th May 2011, 08:25

I have had similar problems with the centos 5.6 and email recieve, only to find out that the ispconfig had not configured the postfix corectlly in the setup.

so either reconfigure ispconfig or run in
/tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/ php -q uninstall.php(this will uninstan ispconfig3) and reinstall it - this also worked for me.

By the way you are running php 5.1 right?
Old 19th May 2011, 10:51

Thanks for the reply, i have reinstall ispconfig but after reinstallation, fails to start with this error :

[root@mail install]# /etc/init.d/dovecot start
Starting Dovecot Imap: Error: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot.conf line 715: Unknown protocol name (section changed in /etc/dovecot.conf at line 709)
Fatal: Invalid configuration in /etc/dovecot.conf
[FAILED]

any ideas?
The php version is 5.1.6

Thanks a Lot!
Have a Good Day
Andre
Old 19th May 2011, 10:59

I would go full system reinstall about it, perhasp dovecot installation is or a setting is wrong... for me its faster to just reinstlal the hole system in this step than to find out what is wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lionheart82 For This Useful Post:
topmaverick (19th May 2011)