Old 1st April 2011, 08:11

Default Mail on two servers

Hi,

I've the perfect debian squeeze and its working fine. I've got 1 domain setup and using as a mail serevr.

I've got another domain setup with a hosting company that I just use for emails aswell. Is it possible to live the mail service at the hosting company and have it on my perfect debian squeeze box. I would like to do this because would like the users on the LAN to use the perfect debian and the users outside the LAN to use the hosting company settings and when I have a problem with my server I can quickly change the settings to the hosting companies settings.
I dont want to chage any settings on the hosting company side.

At the moment Im using my server for outgoing emails and its working fine> I would now like to use my serve to recieve aswell.
I hope my explanation is clear. Please let me know if I need to clarify anything.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 1st April 2011, 08:18

short answer you cant,

long answer, you could try converting your local server to a local slave server. - that means i could sync to your mailboxes over imap retrieve usermail and act as a local cashing

but i guess its not really what you want.