Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 15th March 2011, 05:08

Default ISPConfig3 with Django - basic question

In my server project web-design are planned to be build on Django ( http://www.djangoproject.com/ ) by others.

Just a simple question for gurus: I would like that all clients to use same framework in web-designs (several of them mine). I'll assume that mean that better to install as system-root? Any special considerations on the top of normal staff - e,g, does it conflict with Ruby?
Code:
tar xzvf Django-1.2.5.tar.gz
cd Django-1.2.5
sudo python setup.py install
Or even better by using synaptic package (avail. for Debian Squeeze)

Manual has 2 ref. to CMS the subject
Quote:
4.6.1.2 Subdomain for website
.... is also possible to point the subdomain to a subdirectory of the web site - this is done using Apache rewrite rules. Please note that you should not use such a rewrite rule if you plan to install a CMS such as Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. in that subdirectory because most modern CMS systems also use rewrite rules that will most likely collide with the rewrite rules that redirect the subdomain to the subdirectory. If you want to install a CMS in a directory of its own and use a subdomain for that directory, you should create a whole new web site for that subdomain and install the CMS in that web site......

Last edited by eko_taas; 15th March 2011 at 05:09. Reason: small correction
Sponsored Links
Old 15th March 2011, 14:00

Default foud something from /forums/archive

Googled once again....
I'll try to follow>
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/arc...p/t-24109.html by yonkman on
8th March 2010

I hope makes my day :-)