Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24th March 2010, 18:10
Zuluspl Zuluspl is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Autoresponder Polish characters in text

Hi,
I have a problem with polish characters in autoresponder. Users need to use them but auto-response is broken with "?????". In the database text is ok. All "ŻŹĆżźćłę" are fine. In the email from autoresponder text is "??????" and charset of this mail is iso-8859-1 wich is wrong for PL codepage. Can somebody help me?

ISPConfig ver. 3.0.2

Regards
Zuluspl

Last edited by Zuluspl; 25th March 2010 at 10:35.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 31st March 2010, 14:38
Zuluspl Zuluspl is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

No one cen help me with this problem? I think, this is a problem of code-page of email from autoresponder, but where I must change this?

Ragards,
Zuluspl
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 31st March 2010, 18:10
lucani lucani is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 81
Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I have same problem with squirrelMail, I searched on this forum how to install and set another charset (ISO-8859-2) instead of UTF-8 on my server. It works but I dont think its good way because other app/services work with UTF-8 by default. It may be cause of crashes. Better way would be change in sourcecode so add your problem to bugtracker.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 7th December 2010, 13:20
linus linus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 10
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Exclamation Autoresponder messes up Finnish umlauts

I have the same problem, the Finnish characters are being replaced by ?. The mail marked the encoding as UTF-8 (or rather Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8") in the header, but I suspect it's wrong, as when I forward the auto replied message in my client (Thunderbird) I get the ? replaced by the right characters.

I have ispconfig 3.0.3 (stable) on the server, and I saw a relevant entry in the bug tracker:

http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/inde...&due=44&status[0]=&order=category&sort=asc&order2=id&sort2=asc

In case anybody knows the fix I'd be happy. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25th February 2011, 16:59
dar_ek dar_ek is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Comments all lines (four) in lib/classes/modules.inc.php with "utf8_decode" can fix this.

I don't know if this will break something else.
(I asked this on devel forum.)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25th February 2011, 17:22
till till is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 36,492
Thanks: 835
Thanked 5,533 Times in 4,351 Posts
Default

Quote:
I don't know if this will break something else.
This breaks several other things, e.g. that changes get written reliably to disk. So I recommend to undo these changes before your setup gets out of sync.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25th February 2011, 21:50
dar_ek dar_ek is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I've got later answer from Till on Devel forum:

Quote:
I've just reviewed the code again, it might indeed be that the lines can be removed now, we had some code there that encoded everything to utf-8 to solve serialization problems, but that code has been removed, so that the decode part might be removed as well.
__________________
Till Brehm
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:49
vistree vistree is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 61
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
 
Default Workaround

... hi, maybe this is helpful for one of you:
I have the same problem on my system. I checked the encoding of a generated .vacation.msg. Which is ISO-8859-1 on my system.
So, I just changed /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/autoresponder.master and replaced 'UTF-8' with the charset of the .vacation.msg
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
chroot_ssh_sftp_debian_etch jon HOWTO-Related Questions 0 24th August 2008 01:40
autoresponder Tripple2 Installation/Configuration 9 30th August 2007 18:12
PHP, read values from txt file, and add edge Programming/Scripts 3 4th August 2007 11:01
ISPConfig 2.2.6 released till General 36 26th August 2006 17:47
Autoresponder / Local Username / Reject / Bounce Yves Installation/Configuration 3 12th July 2006 14:58


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.