Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 7th February 2011, 05:25

Default Trouble ticket I put in with a software developer

I'm running a site that has a function to upload video and it get converted by ffmpeg. It will not work using this web script. I put a ticket in with them and here is the response. Any one know what I can do on my server because this isn't making sense? I'm running Debian (lenny) with ispconf3.

1) The PHP functions exec and shell_exec are not accessible by PHP. You can check this from the Stats > Server Information page in your admin panel. If these functions are not enabled, you will need to update the php.ini file for your server to enable these functions.

2) this was just to check my ffmpeg path..

3) The PHP directive open_basedir may be enabled on your server which may restrict SocialEngine's ability to access directories outside the list of directories specified for this directive. You can also check to see if this directive is enabled from the Stats > Server Information page in your admin panel. If it is disabled, update the php.ini file for your server and disable this directive.

These are the 3 things they say I should check...#2 was to make sure of my path which I did...

Any help would be appreciated.

Happz
Sponsored Links
Old 7th February 2011, 18:37
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by happz View Post
1) The PHP functions exec and shell_exec are not accessible by PHP. You can check this from the Stats > Server Information page in your admin panel. If these functions are not enabled, you will need to update the php.ini file for your server to enable these functions.
Please check your php.ini and make sure that the functions exec and shell_exec are not disabled in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happz View Post
3) The PHP directive open_basedir may be enabled on your server which may restrict SocialEngine's ability to access directories outside the list of directories specified for this directive. You can also check to see if this directive is enabled from the Stats > Server Information page in your admin panel. If it is disabled, update the php.ini file for your server and disable this directive.
Go to the PHP open_basedir field on the Options tab of your web site in ISPConfig and add all directories that your applications needs access to.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 8th February 2011, 04:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
Please check your php.ini and make sure that the functions exec and shell_exec are not disabled in it.

I don't see shell_exec listed or exec. Where in the file would I found it?

Go to the PHP open_basedir field on the Options tab of your web site in ISPConfig and add all directories that your applications needs access to.
As far as this, it comes with the default so I will see that it is looking for.

Happz