Old 24th June 2006, 04:26

Default Few questions about ISPConfig

Hellow,
I have few questions about ISPConfig....

1. How can my customers create sudomains, if they have allowed only one domain? If I try to create sudomain on domain.com under CO-domains, then I get an error: The maximum number of domains for this site has been reached.

So how can I or my customers create subdomains if they or me have allowed only one domain?

2. Is it possible to create unlimited FTP accounts and MySql databases? Like I saw in ISPConfig i can add only one FTP account and Anonymous FTP and for MySql databases is maximum number 30 databases....

3. I still did`t try cuz i was just started with my server at home and i`m gonna running public it when i get better connection (next week),but I will ask anyway: Is it possible when one of customers write in address line http://www.domain.com/ispconfig (his/her own domain), that he/she could be redirected automaticly to https://www.domain.com:81 (his/her own domain and not hosting domain)
I know for one web panel, where is possible this for redirecting, however i can`t advertise for other product

P.S.: Are you maybe interested for additional design for ISPConfig and that customer can choose betwen one or other design afterward?
Sponsored Links
Old 24th June 2006, 15:37
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,205 Times in 4,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisDee
1. How can my customers create sudomains, if they have allowed only one domain? If I try to create sudomain on domain.com under CO-domains, then I get an error: The maximum number of domains for this site has been reached.

So how can I or my customers create subdomains if they or me have allowed only one domain?
If you dont allow your users to create subdomains by setting the number of domains to 1, they cannot create subdomains. Thats the purpose of the domain limit.

Quote:
2. Is it possible to create unlimited FTP accounts and MySql databases? Like I saw in ISPConfig i can add only one FTP account and Anonymous FTP and for MySql databases is maximum number 30 databases....
If your server has unlimited ram and unlimited disksapce and unlimited computing power, it makes sense to create unlimited number of databases I have never seen that anyone has created more then 30 databases for one domian / webspace. But if you need more, you can create more databases with phpmyadmin.

Quote:
3. I still did`t try cuz i was just started with my server at home and i`m gonna running public it when i get better connection (next week),but I will ask anyway: Is it possible when one of customers write in address line http://www.domain.com/ispconfig (his/her own domain), that he/she could be redirected automaticly to https://www.domain.com:81 (his/her own domain and not hosting domain)
I know for one web panel, where is possible this for redirecting, however i can`t advertise for other product
Just create a redirect script or use an apache rewrite rule.

Quote:
P.S.: Are you maybe interested for additional design for ISPConfig and that customer can choose betwen one or other design afterward?
More themes will be nice. ISPConfig supports themes, but currently there is only the deafult theme available.
Old 24th June 2006, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
If you dont allow your users to create subdomains by setting the number of domains to 1, they cannot create subdomains. Thats the purpose of the domain limit.
Well i would like to create hosting plan etc. 1 domain allowed and 5subdomains allowed

Quote:
If your server has unlimited ram and unlimited disksapce and unlimited computing power, it makes sense to create unlimited number of databases I have never seen that anyone has created more then 30 databases for one domian / webspace. But if you need more, you can create more databases with phpmyadmin.
No I don`t have it, but still i think its much better if someone see for one hosting plan, he/she has unlimited databases or FTP accounts....

Quote:
Just create a redirect script or use an apache rewrite rule.
How can I create redirect script? I think this script will be maded in php language, but what command i must use for redirecting, that could be unique for every domain and where to put it? I dont wanna to create script for each host seperately, but one script that i put it in ISPConfig and will be created for each host automaticly.

And how can I use an apache rewrite rule? (soory for stupid question, but i`m newbie in all of that )

Quote:
More themes will be nice. ISPConfig supports themes, but currently there is only the deafult theme available.
I will create few themes and send someone of masters for ISPConfig!

Last edited by DennisDee; 24th June 2006 at 16:38.
Old 25th June 2006, 13:34
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,721 Times in 2,562 Posts

Quote:
Well i would like to create hosting plan etc. 1 domain allowed and 5subdomains allowed
Then you must set the domain limit to 6.

Quote:
How can I create redirect script? I think this script will be maded in php language, but what command i must use for redirecting, that could be unique for every domain and where to put it? I dont wanna to create script for each host seperately, but one script that i put it in ISPConfig and will be created for each host automaticly.
Have a look at the header PHP function: http://de.php.net/manual/en/function.header.php
You can also use rewrite rules in the web sites "Apache Directives" field. Have a look here: http://www.stevenhargrove.com/redirect-web-pages/

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 25th June 2006, 15:41

Ok, then I set to number 6 for subdomains. But then they can insert 6 domains. Is it possible for next release to make subdomains and domains separated?
Old 25th June 2006, 17:05
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,205 Times in 4,081 Posts

Quote:
Ok, then I set to number 6 for subdomains. But then they can insert 6 domains. Is it possible for next release to make subdomains and domains separated?
No, this wont be added to the next release. But maybe we add this alter to the development branch.
Old 25th June 2006, 18:28
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,721 Times in 2,562 Posts

Quote:
If you set the number to 6 in the hostingplan and then have one main domain for the web site, you can only have 5 subdomains. Not quite sure I understand the problem...

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 7th April 2009, 21:52

Redirection

PHP Code:
<?php header("Location: http://yourdomain.com:81/");?>