I found a very interesting tool to check your website uptime
currently I get notifications by email Google Talks + SMS
level is easy
I made this tutorial to help my friends on how to create a uptime monitoring service for FREE and show your users how your site is doing!
You will need some things setup first:
Part A. An UptimeRobot Account: http://uptimerobot.com/
Part B. The following files: https://github.com/digibart/upscuits
1. Get a free account form UptimeRobot
2. Setup a Monitor and start by using either Ping or HTTP/S.
3. Then go to "My Settings" at the top if you aren't already there.
4. Scroll down to the bottom and setup a API (NOT the main API just), it will be labeled: "Monitor-Specific API Keys"
5. Setup a API Key then go to Part B
1. Download the files from github
2. Extract the file and go to the public/js and rename
3. Open the file config.js and edit the API Key to match your API key
4. Zip up the whole public folder and upload to your site and then again extract
5. Done! You can also edit the HTML page if you like, but it is just very nice to leave a developers name there! (I am not the developer)