#1  
Old 21st June 2006, 18:55
alex916 alex916 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Postfix address rewrite

Can i configure postfix for rewrite the mail address of some user when they send email, without breaking ISPconfig?

If yes, when i upgrade ISP with a new version, will i have to change again postfix's main.cf?

Thanks

Alex
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 22nd June 2006, 10:30
alex916 alex916 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have this problem.
A internal mail server with domain test.local send mail using a Ispconfig server.
I have to rewrite the email address of all emails from the internal server with another.
On postfix website, i read about smtp_generic_maps that could be good for me.
I modified main.cf with
smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic
and in /etc/postfix/generic there is:

user1@test.local info@domain.tld
user2@test.local info@domain.tld

After postmap /etc/postfix/generic, i restarted ispconfig but,when i send mail from test.local server to outside, it doesn't work and the address email are always @test.local.

Can Someone help me?

Thanks

Alex
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:47
till till is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,504
Thanks: 813
Thanked 5,266 Times in 4,129 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex916
Can i configure postfix for rewrite the mail address of some user when they send email, without breaking ISPconfig?
Yes.

Quote:
If yes, when i upgrade ISP with a new version, will i have to change again postfix's main.cf?
No, the main.cf is only chnaged during initial installation.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:48
till till is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,504
Thanks: 813
Thanked 5,266 Times in 4,129 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex916
I have this problem.
A internal mail server with domain test.local send mail using a Ispconfig server.
I have to rewrite the email address of all emails from the internal server with another.
On postfix website, i read about smtp_generic_maps that could be good for me.
I modified main.cf with
smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic
and in /etc/postfix/generic there is:

user1@test.local info@domain.tld
user2@test.local info@domain.tld

After postmap /etc/postfix/generic, i restarted ispconfig but,when i send mail from test.local server to outside, it doesn't work and the address email are always @test.local.

Can Someone help me?
Why dont you use the email redirect in ISPConfig?
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22nd June 2006, 13:27
alex916 alex916 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hi Till, thanks for your help.
I tried to search in the ISPC manual but i havn't founded nothing about change email address of email that transit on the server.
How can i use redirect?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22nd June 2006, 14:39
till till is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,504
Thanks: 813
Thanked 5,266 Times in 4,129 Posts
Default

Setup a new email user and then enter the destination email address in the options of the mail account.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 22nd June 2006, 15:43
alex916 alex916 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i tried but it doesn't work like i want.(or i made a mistake)
i have this:

1 exchange server and 5 clients. This clients have only one external email like info@domain.tld but exchange is stupid and it want that every client has a different address so when they send an email, who recive that see the internal email address.

My idea is to configure exachange to use like smtp server my ISPConfig and change all the sender address from @domain.tld to info@domain.tld.

I know that it's possible with postfix but i can't understand where i made a mistake.

Thanks

Alex
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 22nd June 2006, 23:50
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,735 Times in 2,571 Posts
 
Default

Have a look here: http://www.postfix.org/rewrite.html
You could also pipe the mails through formail to rewrite the sender address. Have a look at
Code:
man formail
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
postfix problems with smtp linkdeb Server Operation 13 15th March 2014 17:58
sending e-mail using mail() function linuxuser1 HOWTO-Related Questions 38 21st April 2009 12:20
Unwanted address rewrite confuzzled Installation/Configuration 3 20th March 2006 23:47
postfix with horde - address book feature bambo HOWTO-Related Questions 5 27th December 2005 14:19
postfix starts and stops why lhatle Installation/Configuration 2 21st December 2005 15:20


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.