Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 11th January 2011, 20:54

Default Webmail redirects to homepage of site

1) www.website1.com/webmail redirects to the homepage of the site (not a 404)

2) www.myserversdomain.com/webmail works just fine

3) 192.168.x.x/webmail works just fine

Also, I have "webmaster@" setup as the email in the dns zone. Do I also need to setup that email account in the email section of ISPConfig, or is that somehow setup by default?

One last thing, I followed this tute for setting up the dns zones on Godaddy:

http://scottelkin.com/programming/ho...-dns-settings/

and I setup a webmaster@ account in ISPConfig. I can now send email from webmaster@ but cannot receive email. Any thoughts?

Thanks as always
Sponsored Links
Old 11th January 2011, 21:42
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,485 Times in 4,317 Posts

Webmail is only accessible trough the so named default vhost of the server. The default vhost can be reached trough the IP address of the server or the hostname of the server. So the behaviour that you describe is normal, as you tried to reach webmail trogh a website that you creted and not troifg the ip or server hostname.
Old 11th January 2011, 21:57

Thanks till,

I want to make sure I understand this, tho.

Just FYI, I setup each of my sites up with as different client (long story, but it's easier for me). So, in theory, these are different customers with different sites and different domains but if they wanted to check their email via webmail they would all have to go to mydomain.com/webmail in order to log in and check their webmail?

It's really not a problem for me currently since each individual "client" is actually me, but it doesn't seem like a logical setup.
Old 13th January 2011, 02:15

Hey jopa123,

From reading your post it sounds like this might help with what you are trying to do. Basically the way I have my server setup any domain that is added to ISPConfig can access webmail using for ex. domainA.com/webmail, domainB.com/webmail.

What the info at the link does is allow any domain to have /webmail without setting up anything special. Just add a new domain wait for propagation and your clients can use theredomain.com/webmail

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...51&postcount=8

Hope this help,
Casey