Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 12th December 2010, 12:07

Question Dectivate site, default site

When I de-activate a site on ISPConfig 3 then the first (alphabetically ordered) site is being displayed in its place. So if I have aaa.com and bbb.com site and I de-activate bbb.com then when someone types bbb.com in the address bar he will see aaa.com in its place.

How I can change that and make it display an other site or, even better, a warning page that the site requested has been disabled?

Thanks in advanced.
Old 13th December 2010, 09:31

Good question. It's rather a system config issue rather than ISPconfig I think. In my production system I can see in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ a file called 000-default along with the rest of the domain config files. And another file under /etc/apache2/sites-available/ called default. My guess is that editing those files and correcting the:
DocumentRoot /var/www/
and
<Directory /var/www/>
lines, would do the trick. Turning them into something like /var/www/mydefaultdomain.com/web/

you'll need an apache restart after that /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Unfortunately I wouldnt risk tampering with my production system so I cannot confirm that this is it. Maybe some more experienced linux grand master or someone able to experiment it can confirm this.

/cheers
Old 13th December 2010, 15:29
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by datahellas View Post
When I de-activate a site on ISPConfig 3 then the first (alphabetically ordered) site is being displayed in its place. So if I have aaa.com and bbb.com site and I de-activate bbb.com then when someone types bbb.com in the address bar he will see aaa.com in its place.

How I can change that and make it display an other site or, even better, a warning page that the site requested has been disabled?

Thanks in advanced.
Do you use specific IP addresses for your web sites, or did you select * in the IP Address field in ISPConfig?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: