Old 3rd December 2010, 01:04

Default SquirrelMail not working!

Hello everyone. I have an issue with a brand-new install of ISPConfig3. It seems my webmail/squirrelmail isn't working. I cant seem to be able to load it at all, I get the "ERROR 404 - Not Found!"
Anyone have any clue where I should start to troubleshoot this? I am a total noob when it comes to doing this, so please keep that in mind! LOL!

Thanks for the help and direction.

sERGE
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd December 2010, 01:07

Default I'm a noob!

Sorry! I forgot to mention I am running this on Ubuntu 10.10 and there is only one reseller and client defined. I have 3 static IP's defined to ISPConfig, and they are definitely pingable from the real world.
Old 3rd December 2010, 01:35

Default Update

I can now get to my squirrelmail, but apparently only if I use the IP address, and not the FQDN. I am beginning to think this may have something to do with my DNS records, but I am not sure . . .
Old 3rd December 2010, 06:56

Default DNS checks out OK

Well my DNS records check out OK. I am having Verizon fix my reverse DNS entry tonight . . . it is pointing to some cock-eyed servername. Anyway, I am stumped. I can get into the web interface for ISPConfig just fine, whether using the IP address port 8080 or the fully qualified domain name port 8080 . . . If I try to get into the webmail, I get the ERROR 404 again. If ANYONE has a clue, PLEASE help!! I think it must be something I messed up in the ISPConfig setup, but I have no clue what it could be . . .
Thanks in advance!

sERGE
Old 3rd December 2010, 11:44
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,647 Times in 4,457 Posts

webmail is enabled on the so named default vhost, this vhost is only accessible trogh the IP of the server as long as this ip is not assigned to a website. So if you assigned the ip to a website, then it becomes inaccessible.

There are two solutions:

a) access it trogh a different IP, if you have any free ip's on that server.
b) Create a noew website for webmail in a subdomain and install a webmail client of your choice into that website.
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:12

Smile So let me try to understand

OK, so what you're saying is that I cannot run the squirrelmail on the same IP as the webserver? Is this stated in the 5 Euro Manual? Just kidding . . . Although I have more free IP's, I'd like to see if I can run it on the same IP. Where/what chapter in the manual has this info?

Thanks btw for the help!

sERGE