Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 24th November 2010, 22:08

Default Reverse ssh tunnel connection problem

I am using a reverse ssh tunnel. However, sometimes the connection is broken but the server continues to think the connection is alive and well. When I try to connect to the server again I get the error:

Warning: remote port forwarding failed for listen port 2000

How do I recover from it? I have tried restarting the sshd service and doing killall for the sshd service. Neither worked. The only thing that has worked is to reboot the server (not a good solution).

Is there a good way to instantly detect it and correct the problem?

I do have the tcpkeepalive option set and it does detect it after a long time (haven't figured total time before it recovers yet.)
Sponsored Links