Old 6th November 2010, 20:36

Default ISPConfig users

Two questions:

1. If I add a client, that is also the user for accessing ISPConfig. If I leave that user with "user" rights, changes they make aren't saved. This happens as soon as I create the client without editing under Systems. If I go into Edit User under System>CP Users and change to "admin" rights, their changes are saved but then they can see Sites belonging to other clients.

First, I know I'm not supposed to edit users from the Systems area, but there is no other place to do it. What is going wrong?

2. Also, if I want to limit a client or user to only Sites (no email, etc) the only place i can see to change that is under systems. Since I've been told not to edit users there, where else can I do that?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 7th November 2010, 22:09
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,578 Posts

Did you set correct limits for the client?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 8th November 2010, 17:33

Which limits? I see limits for all sorts of things but not access to areas of ispconfig. Currently, the clients are assigned the default limits.