Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Tips/Tricks/Mods

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29th October 2010, 12:28
radim_h radim_h is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Prague, Czech
Posts: 418
Thanks: 33
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to radim_h
Default Mail users without individual quota (using just user quota) ?

Hello everyone!

is there any way how to create mailusers without setting quota for each of them?
I mean i want create user with quota -1 as default and only quota which matters will be total Mailbox quota for Client. Better thing should be maildomain quota, but it is not implemented
This is working in ISPC2 (but different, there is quota for domain)


I'd like also to know how to set default Spam policy selected for newly created domain and user eg "normal" instead of "not-enabled"


thaks for any hints

Last edited by radim_h; 29th October 2010 at 12:31.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 30th October 2010, 14:27
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,735 Times in 2,571 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radim_h View Post
is there any way how to create mailusers without setting quota for each of them?
I mean i want create user with quota -1 as default and only quota which matters will be total Mailbox quota for Client. Better thing should be maildomain quota, but it is not implemented
This is working in ISPC2 (but different, there is quota for domain)
No, because the mail users are virtual, so system quota doesn't apply to them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by radim_h View Post
I'd like also to know how to set default Spam policy selected for newly created domain and user eg "normal" instead of "not-enabled"
Currently this isn't possible without changing the source code.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 31st October 2010, 20:30
radim_h radim_h is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Prague, Czech
Posts: 418
Thanks: 33
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to radim_h
Default

Quote:
=falko;243306]No, because the mail users are virtual, so system quota doesn't apply to them.
It should be nice to have options for quotas on domains one day, together or instead of user quotas


Quote:
Currently this isn't possible without changing the source code.
What i can modify please?
I have about 15 modifications on default setup so one more is fine .o)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 1st November 2010, 09:25
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,472
Thanks: 813
Thanked 5,255 Times in 4,121 Posts
Default

Quote:
It should be nice to have options for quotas on domains one day, together or instead of user quotas
We would implement this if one of the supported lda's has such a feature. But neither courier nor dovecot supports this.

Quote:
What i can modify please?
I have about 15 modifications on default setup so one more is fine .o)
You will have to modify the code in the /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/mail/mail_user_edit.php file and add e.g. a line like this right after line 95:

if($this->id == 0) $tmp_user["policy_id"] = 5;

where 5 is the numeric ID of the policy that you want to select as default. So the resulting file part looks like this:

......
$policy_select = "<option value='0'>".$app->tform->lng("no_policy")."</option>";
if($this->id == 0) $tmp_user["policy_id"] = 5;
if(is_array($policys)) {
.......
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
radim_h (1st November 2010)
  #5  
Old 1st November 2010, 09:37
radim_h radim_h is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Prague, Czech
Posts: 418
Thanks: 33
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to radim_h
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
We would implement this if one of the supported lda's has such a feature. But neither courier nor dovecot supports this.
i meant filesytem quota on /var/vmail/domain.tld directory...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 1st November 2010, 10:01
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,472
Thanks: 813
Thanked 5,255 Times in 4,121 Posts
 
Default

Quote:
i meant filesytem quota on /var/vmail/domain.tld directory...
Thats not possible for virtual users as filesystem quota works on the username which is idenntical for all email accounts. Quota in virtual user setups is implemented by the lda and so it has to be implemented in courier or dovecot.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mail server using Postfix, Dovecot, Mysql... Postfix virtual maps doesn't work?? tarasbuljba HOWTO-Related Questions 33 28th May 2010 14:33
Cannot send or receive mail farbrorc Installation/Configuration 6 24th January 2010 11:56
CGI and FormMail Cracklefish Installation/Configuration 17 13th October 2009 13:40
Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender Error202 General 5 7th May 2009 11:14
CentoS doesn't send the emails vaio1 Installation/Configuration 18 5th November 2008 17:51


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.