Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Tips/Tricks/Mods

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 23rd June 2008, 16:14
HowtoForge Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebokkel View Post
If anything, it has to do with your IMAP-server, which looks like Courier. The Courier authdaemon should then be configured, it it were wrong (it probably isn't).
As ISPConfig only supports real accounts (not virtual email-only accounts), you should try to login using an accountname, not the email address. You can have multiple web2test-addresses in different domains, but these are aliasses (or forwards) that get rewritten by (in my case) Postfix.

Stick to the account as login to Squirrelmail and it should work.
Hi tebokkel

I didn't try to login to Squirrelmail with email address all the time .. I used account name only but somehow it translate to email address. Even if I changed domain name in ispconfig the domain name was still same as before.
Sponsored Links
Old 24th June 2008, 17:35
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

Do you use the SquirrelMail .pkg package from ispconfig.org, or did you install SqirrelMail manually?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 25th June 2008, 13:22
HowtoForge Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
Do you use the SquirrelMail .pkg package from ispconfig.org, or did you install SqirrelMail manually?
Hi falko

I used the SquirrelMail .pkg package from ispconfig.org .. for the first time on this server and on other three servers it runs ok. I created new web with new user but problem persist and domain is still same as domain in first created web.

Code:
Jun 25 13:12:55 s4 imapd: LOGIN FAILED, user=web3test@mydomain.cz, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Jun 25 13:13:00 s4 imapd: LOGOUT, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], rcvd=60, sent=323
It seems that mydomain.cz is somewhere hardcoded but I don't know where. I searched in ispconfig db and in /home/admispconfig directory but didn't find any record or file with mydomain.cz content related with SquirrelMail.
Old 25th June 2008, 13:54
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,375 Times in 4,222 Posts

You will ahve to set the sender email address under options in squirrelmail for each account. If you do not set it, the hostname of your server is uded by squirrelmail.
Old 25th June 2008, 14:04
HowtoForge Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
You will ahve to set the sender email address under options in squirrelmail for each account. If you do not set it, the hostname of your server is uded by squirrelmail.
Hi till

Yes I know it but I cannot login to squirrelmail anymore so I cannot set or change sender email address. Problem is that squirrelmail sending username to imap server as email adress web3test@mydomain.cz and not only username web3test and I don't know why. I reinstalled squirrelmail pkg but problem still remain.
Old 27th June 2008, 04:46

Arrow A definitive way to use a single Squirrelmail for all clients.

I've read pretty much all the posts in this thread and have seen several suggestions for accomplishing some version of the two things needed to make the Squirrelmail plugin work "nicely" for all sites in ISPConfig:

1) Make it so it's easy for users to enter the URL for Squirrelmail and so it looks like the Squirrelmail instance is a part of the client's domain. This could be done in one of two ways (I don't care which.)...
Method 1: Redirect http://www.clientdomain.com/webmail to https://webmail.clientdomain.com:81/squirrelmail/ and have that actually invoke the common Squirrelmail plugin site.

Method 2: Redirect http://webmail.clientdomain.com to https://webmail.clientdomain.com:81/squirrelmail/
Once again, this should really be the .pkg'd Squirrelmail plugin serving up the content.
Either way makes it simple for users to get to their web e-mail system without having to remember to enter "https://" or put in the ":81". It also LOOKS nice and integrated with the client's web site since the domain name stays the same all the way through - even while inside SquirrelMail.

Second Part:

Make it so that when a user logs in with their full e-mail address: user1@clientdomain.com - all the mail they send will go out as coming from user1@clientdomain.com even if they don't fill in the "from" or "reply-to" fields under "OPTIONS" - "Personal Information" in Squirrelmail. I say this because 90% of the users won't fill that stuff in - at least not initially.

I ALMOST got this second part working by using a mod I found earlier in this thread:
To Fix it do that:

on config/config.php line 32, replace:
'$domain = 'example.com';
sqgetGlobalVar('domainname',$domain,SQ_SESSION);

on src/redirect.php, line 50, add:
sqsession_register(substr($login_username, strpos($login_username, '@') + 1), 'domainname');

Fixed, every user will get the domain name they use to login.
With these mods, a user can log in as user1@somedomain.com and send mail. When it arrives, it appears as coming from web2_user1@somedomain.com. (The "web2" part is just an example of the standard ISPConfig "webX_" prefixing scheme.) If we could strip the "web2_" then the second issue would be solved.

I've installed no plugins for Squirrelmail other than the ones already installed in the .pkg version of ISPConfig Squirrelmail.

Lastly, this all needs to happen by making one set of global modifications, one time - not by having to edit or create any additional files. Then, just by performing the standard steps inside ISPConfig one normally does to create a site for a client - the client will also have a "ready to go" SquirrelMail instance. No "create the options file for each user" kind of solutions. If you have 100 clients each with 50-200 users, one can't afford to introduce additional steps in the client or site creation process.

Has someone managed to accomplish these two goals completely? If so, would share your cool-solutions with us?

Thanks!

Last edited by lanstar; 27th June 2008 at 04:55. Reason: Spelling Edit
Old 21st July 2008, 22:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanstar
Has someone managed to accomplish these two goals completely? If so, would share your cool-solutions with us?
Hi.

Even though I'm not using squirrelmail any more, I think I can answer your question.
In order to completely solve the second problem you have to do some additional adjustments:

In src/redirect.php, line 51 add:
PHP Code:
sqsession_register(substr($login_username0strpos($login_username'@')), 'popuser'); 
In functions/identity.php, line 31 sqq. adjust:
PHP Code:
function get_identities() {

global 
$username$data_dir$domain;

sqgetGlobalVar('popuser',$popuser,SQ_SESSION);

$em getPref($data_dir,$username,'email_address');
    if ( ! 
$em ) {
        if(!empty(
$popuser)){

$em $popuser.'@'.$domain;
        } else if (
strpos($username '@') == false) {

$em $username.'@'.$domain;
        } else {

$em $username;
        }
    }
This will keep the local-part (the part before the @) of the email address with which you have logged in.
Old 22nd July 2008, 03:09

Hi,
How may I update Squirrelmail to last ver?

Thanks!
Tony
Old 9th April 2009, 19:45

1. About Squirrelmail. When I use any login and the right admin password it will login to an inbox, which should not unless you have the right username.

When I use my client's email addresses from their respective website it does not login and gives me an error.

2. About Uebimeau. It will not login to any account.

3. How do I uninstall packages from ISPConfig?
Old 10th April 2009, 13:19
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcardo View Post
1. About Squirrelmail. When I use any login and the right admin password it will login to an inbox, which should not unless you have the right username.

When I use my client's email addresses from their respective website it does not login and gives me an error.

2. About Uebimeau. It will not login to any account.
Any errors in your mail log?
Did you use email addresses (instead of usernames) to log in?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: