Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 29th November 2011, 21:00
HowtoForge Supporter

Default Can't switch PHP Interpreter

I've need to switch PHP intrepreter for an site on one of my servers. Have done this before - it's just to switch in the control panel. But after upgrading to the latest ISPConfig the change of PHP intrepreter don't work (I'm not sure if it's after upgrade to 3.0.4 or to 3.0.4.1 the problem begins).

Tried to create a new site (after the upgrading of ISPConfig) and the new site "takes" the changes of the PHP Intrepreter but the old sites don't. Because I needed this PHP switch i've created a new site and renamed the old one. But, and here comes the interesting thing, after visiting the options tab at the old site apache caught SIGTERM and shoted down. There where some errors at the options tab but I didn't wrote them down..
After I've removed the corresponding file in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled apache2 could be started again.

It's seams that something in the upgrade did not upgrade.. But I've no glue at all where to debug...
Sponsored Links
Old 30th November 2011, 13:55

Hi,
I have "same" problem if new registred client on ispc 3.0.4.1. - is not possible set PHP option on Client template . after click save is checked only option PHP Disable.

From admin access is possible on website tab php option change , but for user access is php tab have only option Disable, and do not way to change.

PHP Version 5.2.6-1+lenny13

Petr
Old 30th November 2011, 19:06
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,732 Times in 2,569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qluripax View Post
But, and here comes the interesting thing, after visiting the options tab at the old site apache caught SIGTERM and shoted down. There where some errors at the options tab but I didn't wrote them down..
Did you check Apache's error log?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 1st December 2011, 09:08
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,249 Times in 4,114 Posts

Make sure that you logged in as admin and dont switch to the client to change the php interpreter. If a wesite ahs been initially created by the admin and not the client, then the admin is the only user that can change these settings. This protection is available since ISPConfig 3.0.2 or 3.0.3 if I remember correctly, so there was no change in the current ISPConfig release.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
Petr (2nd December 2011)
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:01

Thanks you Till for response.

My problem was that update on 3.0.4.1 broke the template client. on the client temlate is not selected php interpreter ( selection only a line "php disable").
I am only edit client template is it fine solution :-)

- Problem SOLVED for Me -

thx
Petr