Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 4th October 2010, 18:47

Send a message via AIM to carlosinfl

Question Postfix Mail Server on a Windows Domain

I am being asked to stand up a dedicated mail and web server in a network that runs Active Directory 2008 domain. All users are running Windows XP and or Windows 7. I have stood up two dedicated Linux servers (64-bit) for the requested tasks and everything is working perfect except for the fact that users now have three individual passwords:

1. Windows domain login credentials
2. Postfix / Dovecot (email) credentials are the Linux shell login (set to /bin/false)
3. Apache / Intranet access is used from a '.htpasswd' file

Does anyone recommend a way that I could somehow synchronize the users mail & web credentials with their Windows / Kerberos credentials.

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links