I created a mail forward in ISPConfig to a eMail on the same server (also created with ISPConfig).
I tried to forward it to the eMail firstname.lastname@example.org
-> did not work.
postfix/local: F19A42B42CD: to=<email@example.com>, orig_to=<firstname.lastname@example.org>, relay=local, delay=1, status=sent (delivered to mailbox)
So I tried to forward it to webX_testuser@mydomain.tld
When I forward to an external email it also works.
So why does it forward the mail correct when I use the username (webX_testuser@mydomain.tld) but not when I use email@example.com
So that was the first one, now the second one...
In the header is the following spam report:
* 0.1 BLANK_LINES_80_90 BODY: Message body has 80-90% blank lines
* 2.0 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP address
* [184.108.40.206 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
* 1.8 RCVD_IN_DSBL RBL: Received via a relay in list.dsbl.org
* 1.7 RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL RBL: NJABL: dialup sender did non-local SMTP
* [220.127.116.11 listed in combined.njabl.org]
* -0.6 AWL AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list
The IP comes from here:
Received: by myserver.tld (Postfix)
id 8AD3B2B42DA; Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:19:45 +0200 (CEST)
Received: from [192.168.1.21] (pD958C455.dip0.t-ipconnect.de [18.104.22.168])
by myserver.tld (Postfix) with ESMTP id 68CD62B42D9
for <XXXX@yyyy.tld>; Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:19:45 +0200 (CEST)
Is this just because my current IP (dynamic from my provider) is on a blacklist? Or is there a failure in my config?