Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 7th September 2010, 16:58
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,212 Times in 4,088 Posts

1) Make sure that you selected server 2 and 3 to be a mirror of server 1 in the ispconfig server settings if you want that records get mirrored to the other servers in the cluster automatically.

2) ou added incomplete zones for arenahosting.org and dtxigaming.com. Both zones have no NS records. To fix this, add NS records for these zones. I recommend that you use the dns wizard the next time when you create zones as the wizard creates all nescessary records for a zone automatically.
Sponsored Links
Old 7th September 2010, 17:09

Quote:
1) Make sure that you selected server 2 and 3 to be a mirror of server 1 in the ispconfig server settings if you want that records get mirrored to the other servers in the cluster automatically.
Till, what I mean is that I was expecting to see the DNS records added to the other servers; I do not need any of the additional servers to mirror the master.

Quote:
2) ou added incomplete zones for arenahosting.org and dtxigaming.com. Both zones have no NS records. To fix this, add NS records for these zones. I recommend that you use the dns wizard the next time when you create zones as the wizard creates all nescessary records for a zone automatically.
I did use the wizard - I know you have repeatedly suggested this in the past to other forum members. And I have the NS records in place.

Edit:

I found the problem: somehow, while playing around the DNS control panel I managed to defer partial Zone entries to the 3rd server, prior to the correct creation of NS entries. Named was unhappy about the results and refused to start.
I solved the problem by removing the truncated /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf.local and recreating a new empty file, according to the original installation instructions. After that named was happy to start and now I see DNS working properly across the cluster.

Last edited by archange; 7th September 2010 at 21:34.
Old 7th September 2010, 21:21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Till, what I mean is that I was expecting to see the DNS records added to the other servers; I do not need any of the additional servers to mirror the master.
How should that happen if you did not configure the servers to mirror the records? Iif a record shall show up on another server, you will have to set the server to be a mirror of the master.

Quote:
I did use the wizard - I know you have repeatedly suggested this in the past to other forum members. And I have the NS records in place. If you find anything wrong, please let me know!
That ok, but according to the error message, there wre at least ns records missing or a short periiod of time or you missed to enable the mirroring and added a zone on one of the slaves manually without ns records.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
archange (7th September 2010)
Old 7th September 2010, 21:27

Thanks Till, you are right; I was just editing the above post while you added your reply. I took the liberty of removing the screenshot.
And regarding the DNS records, I think there's a difference in the way I perceived the ISPconfig3 interface and the way that it actually works. Anyway, I'm getting used to how it works and I'm starting to get quite fond of it

Last edited by archange; 7th September 2010 at 21:38.
Old 7th September 2010, 23:26

In the server monitor section, how can I get past this error?

Data from: ????-??-?? ??:??
No data about the services available at the moment. Please check again later.
Old 8th September 2010, 08:12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by archange View Post
In the server monitor section, how can I get past this error?

Data from: ????-??-?? ??:??
No data about the services available at the moment. Please check again later.
Thats not an error. Only data for services that are installed on a specific node gets gathered and some of the data gets collected only once a day, so it may take until data shows up or no data may show up at all if a specific service is not installed on a node.
Old 8th September 2010, 09:29

I see. Thing is that no monitoring stats show up on that specific machine (server2), although services are all installed. And this has been going on since I first configured ISPconfig as slave on that particular machine - should date at least a couple of weeks back. At least Raid space would be nice to monitor, not to mention logs...

I figured that probing must somehow be blocked and that's why I was asking for help.

And on a different note, now that DNS and hosting is running, I need to also get emailing to work. Shall we continue the discussion here, or on another topic?
My problem is this:
Quote:
Sep 8 04:24:09 server1 postfix/master[2615]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/qmgr pid 29671 exit status 1
Sep 8 04:24:09 server1 postfix/master[2615]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/qmgr: bad command startup -- throttling
Sep 8 04:24:53 server1 postfix/smtpd[29674]: fatal: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
Seems Postfix has no msql support?

EDIT:
Reinstalled postfix from the Centos Plus repositories, although I also did so the first time. Sending mail now, but not receiving; not even inside the domain.

Now I get this error:

Quote:
Sep 8 07:23:17 server1 postfix/smtp[6507]: connect to mail.dtxigaming.com[85.121.201.138]: Connection refused (port 25)
Sep 8 07:23:17 server1 postfix/smtp[6507]: 9A143BF400AC: to=, relay=none, delay=21, delays=11/0.01/10/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to mail.dtxigaming.com[85.121.201.138]: Connection refused)
My ISP has port 25 open for the IP; firewall and SELinux are turned off.

Telnet to localhost returns:
Quote:
]# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
220 server1.arenahosting.org ESMTP Postfix
Telnet to mail.dtxigaming.com results in:
Quote:
# telnet mail.dtxigaming.com 25
Trying 85.121.201.138...
telnet: connect to address 85.121.201.138: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
EDIT:
OK, so I figured iptables was blocking port 25, so I chose to add a standard firewall rule in ISPconfig 3, which did the job. Now port 25 is open and I got flooded with replies to my external mailboxes saying:
Quote:
host mail.dtxigaming.com[85.121.201.138] said: 554 5.7.1
<info@dtxigaming.com>: Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command)
I guess I have to change the relayhost settings in /etc/postfix/main.cf
Can anyone help me to change it so as to reflect the multiple domains created in ISPconfig 3?

Falko, Till, please help.

Last edited by archange; 9th September 2010 at 12:39.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:34

I found a similar problem in a post and both of you (Till & Falko) have suggested to run an ISPconfig update. So i did. And it got me back to:

Code:
postfix/qmgr[26418]: fatal: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
I'm stuck in a loop.

Last edited by archange; 9th September 2010 at 12:40.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:36
Super Moderator

You installed a postfix package (binary) which does not support mysql. Please install your server exactly as described in the perfect server guide for ISPConfi´g 3 and the linux distribution that you use to ensure that all installed software components match the requirements for this setup.
Old 9th September 2010, 09:20

No, Till, that was not the case. Please read carefully.

I installed using this tutorial, step 11: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...ispconfig-3-p4

Code:
11 Install Postfix With MySQL Support
The "normal" Postfix package from the CentOS repository doesn't have MySQL, but the Postfix package from the CentOS Plus repository does. Therefore we remove Postfix...

yum remove postfix

... and install it again, this time from the CentOS Plus repository:

yum install postfix

Then turn off Sendmail and start Postfix and MySQL:

chkconfig --levels 235 mysqld on
/etc/init.d/mysqld start

chkconfig --levels 235 sendmail off
chkconfig --levels 235 postfix on
/etc/init.d/sendmail stop
/etc/init.d/postfix start
After I finished installing ISPconfig3 I got this, as posted above:
Quote:
My problem is this:
Quote:
Sep 8 04:24:09 server1 postfix/master[2615]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/qmgr pid 29671 exit status 1
Sep 8 04:24:09 server1 postfix/master[2615]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/qmgr: bad command startup -- throttling
Sep 8 04:24:53 server1 postfix/smtpd[29674]: fatal: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
Seems Postfix has no msql support?
Then I redid Step 11 in the tutorial, unistalled Postfix, reinstalled from Centos Plus repos, and I got the error, also posted above:
Quote:
Quote:
host mail.dtxigaming.com[85.121.201.138] said: 554 5.7.1
<info@dtxigaming.com>: Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command)
I guess I have to change the relayhost settings in /etc/postfix/main.cf
So I started searching for a solution on the Howto Forums and I found this one:
http://www.howtoforge.org/forums/sho...t=45589&page=3

In which u advised user onastvar to to the following:
Quote:
Instead of a reinstall, please try an update and select "y" when you get asked if services shall be reconfigured. If you would do a reinstall instead, all settings would get lost.
I did the same:
Code:
php -q update.php
I also chose to reconfigure services. And this landed me straight back to square 1:
Quote:
Code:
postfix/qmgr[26418]: fatal: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
I'm stuck in a loop.

So what am I suppose to do next? "Cause I'm really lost over here...

Last edited by archange; 9th September 2010 at 12:38.