Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 27th August 2010, 20:53

Default mailinglist on "Virtual Users And Domains with Postfix, Courier, MySQL..."?

Hi Folks,

I successfully setup a configuration using the "Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Fedora 13 x86_64)" instructions as posted by Falko.

I have a question regarding postfix: is there a possibility to have some kind of mailinglist setup (in the original configuration the forwardings require a unique source, so there is no possibility to add one source multiple times).

I know that postfix supports mailinglists, but I'm looking for some guidance in implementing this also by using MySQL as backend configuration db.

An example of what is needed:

2 virtual mailboxes:

user1@domain.com
user2@domain.com

1 alias that will receive mail and forward it to the 2 virtual mailboxes:

user@domain.com

Do you know if this kind of setup is possible in the current configuration?

thanks again,
Kris.
Sponsored Links