Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 17th January 2014, 13:47

Exclamation AWStats (/stats/) authentication prompts

Hi All,

I've been using ISPConfig for a few months now and absolutely love it. I have one small little issue and I hope someone would be able to help me out.

I am running ISPConfig 3.0.5.3 Ubuntu 13.04.

I have a wordpress site running and have enabled AWStats and set a password for the 'admin' users. When I visit www.mysite.com/stats I receive a authentication popup saying "Members Only". When I authenticate using the admin account and my password it appears to load all the text on the page but I then receive another authentication popup saying "Restricted Access Only!!" and this one does not accept my credentials.

I'm pretty sure its a permission issue when accessing the image/icon files but I am unsure what the permissions should be. The icons appear to be stored in /usr/share/awstats/icon/ and they are all chmod 644 and chown root:root at the moment.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

g
Sponsored Links
Old 17th January 2014, 13:55
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,612 Times in 4,423 Posts

It might be that the wordpess .htaccess file interferes with the stats folder. Please try to rename the .htaccess file in the web folder for a moment (the one from wordpress) e.g. to .htaccess_bak and then try to access the stats folder. If its works, then we know in which direction to search for the issue.
Old 17th January 2014, 14:44

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried renaming the .htaccess and that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Interestingly though, If I look at the location for one of the images that does not load it had a path of http://www.mysite.com/awstats-icon/o...tats_logo6.png

If I paste that into a new browser window I get the "Restricted Access Only!!" authentication prompt and I found that entering my Ubuntu credentials (the ones I ssh into the server with) here works and I am able to display the images.