Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 26th August 2010, 21:33
HowtoForge Supporter

Yes I realized after some back tracking....this is cool....guess I need to get to a100% done then try to find something to ask questions about..lol
Sponsored Links
Old 27th August 2010, 02:12
HowtoForge Supporter

I just thought about something.... Do I need to add my nameservers in the vi /etc/resolv.conf

ex:
search tm.local
nameserver 192.168.0.100

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 29th August 2010, 03:29
HowtoForge Supporter

This where I am currently... 3 Servers up and running....I will get the last 2 done soon....(mail and ns2)

2 Questions:
If I make a website now that needs and email but not email server attached yet...when I finally add the email server, will it sych up with the other servers?

Same for DNS server 2... will that automatically sycn with the same configs as DNS 1?

Also about the question from earlier...what about the nameserver configuration should I change that as well..

vi /etc/resolv.conf

search tm.local (what goes here?)
nameserver "ip"

Last edited by kendel; 29th August 2010 at 03:33.
Old 29th August 2010, 10:12
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,240 Times in 4,108 Posts

Quote:
If I make a website now that needs and email but not email server attached yet...when I finally add the email server, will it sych up with the other servers?
If you dont have a email server yet, then you can not have email accounts until you add a email server. Email services and websites are completely independant in ispconfig 3, so there is nothing to sync.

Quote:
Same for DNS server 2... will that automatically sycn with the same configs as DNS 1?
No. Only new or edited dns records will get synced.

Quote:
vi /etc/resolv.conf

search tm.local (what goes here?)
nameserver "ip"
You can add it there as an additional nameserver and leave the current linesa s they are.
Old 1st September 2010, 16:49
HowtoForge Supporter

So I noticed something during the web server installation of phpmyadmin...something that wasn't covered in the guide..
It asks the location of the database....but because I had not installed a DB server at the time I set it to Localhost....(Socket option).... but my question is now that I have the DB server installed do I have to go back to phpmyadmin and reconfigure to the address of the db server or does ISP config handle that because I set each server to a specific funtion....

Same question goes for file server... I plan to add that later on down the line.... as of right now the webserver is set as apache and file server..... If I was to add a file server down the line and change that option... what would be the outcome...

Also I cannot find a guide to make a ISPConfig fileserver... I assume its the same set of steps but with Samba installed...

Last edited by kendel; 1st September 2010 at 16:53.
Old 8th September 2010, 01:19
HowtoForge Supporter

Errors installing mail server

ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
Errors were encountered while processing:
dovecot-common
dovecot-imapd
dovecot-pop3d
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Old 8th September 2010, 08:18
Super Moderator

Quote:
So I noticed something during the web server installation of phpmyadmin...something that wasn't covered in the guide..
It asks the location of the database....but because I had not installed a DB server at the time I set it to Localhost....(Socket option).... but my question is now that I have the DB server installed do I have to go back to phpmyadmin and reconfigure to the address of the db server or does ISP config handle that because I set each server to a specific funtion....
ISPConfig is not configuring phpmyadmin, you will have to do this manually.

Quote:
Also I cannot find a guide to make a ISPConfig fileserver... I assume its the same set of steps but with Samba installed...
ISPConfig is no samba fileserver. ISPConfig supports access to the website files with http and FTP and starting with 3.0.3 it will also support webdav.
Old 8th September 2010, 21:18
HowtoForge Supporter

I have completed the multisetup guide with ISPConfig 3.... But How to you get to the mail server... There was no client install during the guide..
Old 8th September 2010, 22:40
Super Moderator

The guide contains the instructions to install the mail applications that are needed for ispconfig plus ispconfig itself on the mailserver. So now just login to ispconfig on the master server and add email domains and mailboxes in the email module. Thats all.
Old 9th September 2010, 00:56
HowtoForge Supporter

I did it, and when I check the location of th mail server, the folders did indeed get created... how do I access them? can I install squirrel mail on the mail server?

*Edited*
Think I am about ready to give up, I forwarded my domain name to my dns 2 days ago and it still does work....
I added my External IP to dyndns glue records and have port forwarded my router to the Internal IP of my server...
I created the DNS records using the Default template in ISPConfig 3and created both the website and FTP user (the ftp is the only thing that works).

I still cannot get to my site.

Last edited by kendel; 9th September 2010 at 01:14.