Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 19th August 2010, 16:37

Default Zfs for linux finally!

As we all know, ZFS is by far the best file system and so far was only usable over Solaris.

People have workarounds and solutions which are kind of 2nd tone replacements, but either ways, all these solutions are not really good replacements as they either are not stable enough or lack some of the salient features of ZFS.

We at KQ, have finally succeeded in porting ZFS to Linux ! No hidden surprises, we have indeed ported ZFS on Linux (the main one, not any workaround modes here!!!

We are releasing the closed beta in last week of August/first week of september and are looking for closed beta customers who can test it for free on some environments.

Mail me at darshin@kqinfotech.com to register.

Feel free to put forward any questions as well.

Kind Regards,
Darshin
Manager (ZFS on Linux)
KQ Infotech
Sponsored Links
Old 20th August 2010, 05:08

Send a message via ICQ to DaveQB Send a message via Yahoo to DaveQB Send a message via Skype™ to DaveQB

Hmmm interesting.

My understanding is there was never a technical problem with porting Zfs, it would be easy, it was a licensing issue. Hence why you could only get it using fuse, not in the kernel.