Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 14th August 2010, 21:17

Default Problem with mailgraph pflogsumm

Hi all,

I installed ispconfig3 using this tutorial: The Perfect Server - Debian Lenny (Debian 5.0) [ISPConfig 3].
Every thing works fine.
Now:

I Installed mailgraph using this tutorial:Postfix Monitoring With Mailgraph And pflogsumm On Debian Lenny.
At this stage: "dpkg-reconfigure mailgraph" option 3 i clicked no (it should be no but with yes the same result).
At this stage: "cp -p /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailgraph.cgi /var/www/www.example.com/cgi-bin" i chmod it to 755 and owned it to webX clientX otherwise i get 500 error.
I waited a full DAY and to some mail to arrive but running the mailgraph.cgi i get no graphs at all. Also when i did view page source and clicked the images ling (like "mailgraph.cgi?0-n" for example) i get server 500 error.

Using the same tutorial i installed pflogsumm. At this stage: "vi /usr/local/sbin/postfix_report.sh" i changed this pflogsumm@localhost to pflogsumm@cyta.co.il, and this postmaster@example.com to my real mail address on this server, and this: Received: from www.example.com to my real domain name, and this ([192.168.0.100])" to the domain real ip address, and this: postmaster@example.com to my real mail box.
... Waited to next day 8:00 and got mail all full of 0 meaning no mail was sent and no mail was received. Mail did sent and did received.

I also installed cacti and munin on ,both, i see the graphs as should be.

Please advice HoTo fix it up.

The url to the mailgraphs is: cyta.co.il/cgi-bin/mailgraph.cgi

Thank you.

Menahem

Last edited by menahem; 14th August 2010 at 21:22.
Sponsored Links
Old 15th August 2010, 10:31

Default Problem with mailgraph fixed - Here is the Howto

The ispconfig installation give any website directory ownership according to client name and user name configured into ispconfig - it should look like this:
Quote:
drwx--x--- 10 webX clientX 4096 2010-08-13 13:28 web
The same user and group has it permissions at the cgi-bin directory where the mailgraph.cgi files run from.
To make the graphs work mailgraph.cgi need permissions to /var/lib/mailgraph
so:

Quote:
chmod -R webX.clientX /var/lib/mailgraph
This will do the job.

Have fun

Menahem
The Following User Says Thank You to menahem For This Useful Post:
falko (15th August 2010)