#1  
Old 24th July 2010, 11:37
jhurleston jhurleston is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Remoting

We have just open a new lamp server at mediatemple using ubuntu LTS 10.04 and ISPconfig.

We are using: ISPConfig, Version: 2.2.36, (c) ISPConfig 2010
We have: PHP Version 5.3.2

When calling remoting

When I select users (for example) I get these errors:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/web5/web/Software/Remoting/soap.lib.php on line 3702 Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /var/www/web5/web/Software/Remoting/soap.lib.php on line 3875 Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /var/www/web5/web/Software/Remoting/soap.lib.php on line 3895 Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /var/www/web5/web/Software/Remoting/soap.lib.php on line 1445 Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /var/www/web5/web/Software/Remoting/soap.lib.php on line 3875 Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /var/www/web5/web/Software/Remoting/soap.lib.php on line 3895 Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /var/www/web5/web/Software/Remoting/soap.lib.php on line 1445.

I tried replacing ereg() with mb_ereg() but it didnt work.

Can you please point me into the direction to correct these errors or
point me to to a soap.lib.php that is compatible with php 5.3

Thanks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 25th July 2010, 10:28
till till is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,977
Thanks: 825
Thanked 5,369 Times in 4,216 Posts
Default

As far as I see, these are oly notices and not errors. Please change the error reporting mode in php.ini to report only errors and not developer notices.

Basically you can use any soap library with ispconfig incl. the internal soap functions that are part of the latest php versions.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
jhurleston (29th July 2010)
  #3  
Old 25th July 2010, 11:53
jhurleston jhurleston is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for answering on a weekend.

I already have my php.ini set to:
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

note: 2007 I was setting up a lamp on another server and I got remoting to work without any dificulties, but my sys admin left and I had to close the server down and move back to a grid. I jost got a new sys admin, so I'm going try again.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 25th July 2010, 14:28
jhurleston jhurleston is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have just seen that "remoting" doesn't like the password being the same as the inter-phase, so after adjusting the password, I started getting output, but the "Deprecated" word was still coming out, so to resolve this situation I have now adjusted the php.ini to:

error_reporting = E_ERROR

that has resolved that problem, but it means that I don't get to see other errors I might make while I am coding.

Other than trying to change the commands in soap.lib.php to php5.3 compatible commands, I can't think of another or better solution.

I noticed that in php6 the Deprecated functions will be removed completely, so I will presume that another soap.lib.php will be available.

I would appreciate a better solution.

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26th July 2010, 19:01
jhurleston jhurleston is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default A mistake

After getting the remoting to work correctly and then moving domains into thier correct locations the out put was as expected.

But, I might have made a mistake:

for example the domain being used for ISPconfig is "thegroups.com"
the domain name "www.thegroups.com" was in the wrong place so I moved it to the right place and at that point the web_list stopped working.

I've tried removing it and putting it back again and various other ideas, but to no avail.
All the other web_lists work correctly, just one list doesnt where the "www.thegroups.com" was moved to fails.

Maybe I'm adding the domains into the wrong place,
are www.domain names added as a co domain?

Last edited by jhurleston; 26th July 2010 at 19:04. Reason: unfinished sentances.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 29th July 2010, 13:00
jhurleston jhurleston is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Default Finished and Working

All the problems I was having have been resolved!
Everything is now working perfectly.

Thanks for the help you provided.
ISPconfig is the best.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
autosignup remoting framework howto detailed kextra1 Tips/Tricks/Mods 21 1st March 2012 06:59
Traffic Quota Problem Remoting Framework 4.2.1 kextra1 Tips/Tricks/Mods 1 7th January 2009 02:38
Keep Remoting User On Upgrade kextra1 Feature Requests 0 29th December 2008 01:07
IspConfig Remoting Framework Installation geoffmerritt Installation/Configuration 1 27th October 2008 08:26
ISPConfig remoting plugin till General 20 10th September 2008 17:00


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.