Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Closed Thread

Old 3rd September 2010, 10:12

hi till, can this be done in both of windows and linux OS?
Sponsored Links
Old 4th September 2010, 12:19
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,545 Posts

I haven't tested this, but I think it should work.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 23rd September 2010, 07:19

hello falko,

i followed your tutorial to install and configure ispconfig2 in ubuntu server 9.10 and it has been working fine, but there is only console, no desktop by default. i install the ubuntu-desktop and vnc4server onto it in order that the server becomes the desktop, so i can more easily to operate the system, i.e. open multiple terminals, firefox browser etc.

do you think this is achievable? after done so, will the desktop application installed on top of the server have any impact to the performance of the server and the applications already installed in the server?
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:07

hi till, you mean copy the entire .VirtualBox/ directory to another PC? after done this, should any file within this directory need to be modified to adapt to the new pc? thanks.
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:27

hi till, in the new pc, there is a virtualbox application installed and several VM Harddisk created there as well. if i copy the VM from the other pc to this new pc, how should i update the files in the new pc, so that the VM from two different pcs have no impact to each other? thanks.
Old 23rd September 2010, 09:43

hi till, i was just successful to copy the VM from one PC to another PC and it works in the new PC, so please ignore my two questions for you today. one question: do you know how to decrease and increase the size of the virtualbox disk image? thanks.
Old 1st November 2010, 21:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
I haven't tested this, but I think it should work.
i have below questions:

1) in sunvirtual box, when creating a VM, specifying the dynamically expanding storage virtual disk, e.g. 10G, the VM will have 10G maximum. how can we resize the virtual disk if found it not big enough later, without recreating another VM with larger virtual disk, say 50G? are there any safe ways to do this?

2) can update to ispconfig3 from ispconfig2? how comprehensive and helpful is the ispconfig3 manual for the installation and configuration of ispconfig3 and setup/config websites under it?
Old 1st November 2010, 21:43
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,980 Times in 3,901 Posts

Quote:
can update to ispconfig3 from ispconfig2?
No.

Quote:
how comprehensive and helpful is the ispconfig3 manual for the installation and configuration of ispconfig3 and setup/config websites under it?
See various posts in the ispconfig 3 forum. E.g.:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49785
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49287
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
qiubosu (1st November 2010)
Old 1st November 2010, 23:34

i plan to host multiple sites (with domain names like site1.com, site2.com, site3.com etc) in one physical server (through multiple virtual machines under sun virtualbox, each VM for one site) with one ispconfig 2/3 (in this physical server as well) installed in one of the VMs (setup/config all the sites under this ispconfig).

the physical server is behind one public static IP address through a router. each of the VMs has unique IP address (static or dynamic, depends on whether the router is DHCP or static).

the sites are drupal sites, integrating with different applications through drupal modules.

can i achieve this (i.e. host multiple sites under one physical server within one ispconfig 2/3 installed in the same physical server, through only one public static IP address) with this plan? otherwise, how should i modify the plan to best achieve the scheme?

the key things are a) with one ispconfig 2/3 installation; b) through one public static IP address c) in one physical server d) using VMs e) host multiple sites
Old 11th November 2010, 21:56

first of all, you don't need user interface, CLI and webUI, should be enough!

Try this if you are interested in running virtual machines, and want a webUI to control the virtual machine.

Proxmox VE:
http://pve.proxmox.com

Here you can see installation video tutorial.
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_...llation_(Video)
Closed Thread