I wanted to confirm that retyping the inclusion line for the named.conf.local is what fixed the problem so I restored the HD backup I made using "Clonezilla Live".
Well it didn't work.
So I am still getting the error:
Error in named configuration:
/etc/named.conf:42: open: /etc/named.conf.local: file not found
Even though ISPConfig created this file.
But I did find something else out...
I commented out the inclusion line in named.conf and started the named service. I waited a few minutes then checked the server status and "MyDNS" showed green. Of course I can't use the system this way since my DNS information for the web sites is not being read!