Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 17th May 2010, 11:24

Default spamassassin use the same sql prefs database

Hallo,

i have a consolidated and functioning system with the spam user preferencies saved in mysql server. i have used a modified query and i have a lot of preferencies saved, for username field I have:
Username: $GLOBAL intercept all email for all domains configured;
Username: %mydomain.com intercept all email for this domain;
Username: user@mydomain.com intercept all email for this user;
I have followed this link: http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/UsingSQL.

Now, i have installed ispconfig3 ( ubuntu 10.4 tls )with roundcube for webmail. i have find a plugin for sql database prefs and if i use it, it the correct preferencies for the single user going in the mysql database.
I have see, when i log in to ispconfig3, with a client login, insert withe anc blk lists preferencies for the entire domain.

My question:
- is possible and how, use a single database for spamassassin prefs in mysql utilizzable for ispconfig3 ? if is possible, there is a control panel similar webuserprefs,(http://webuserprefs.sourceforge.net) for administer the spam preferencies utilizzable for customer client login ?

My target:
- use a single spamassassin only on the ispconfig3 machine, but with the spamassassin preferencies compatible with my current system.
- permit a client to insert is own spam preferencies for domain or domains that administer;
- permit a single user to insert is preferencies for spamassassin from webmail or from a control panel ( in this case with roundcube and sql pligin im ok, but spamassassin installed for ispconfig3 use it ? )

thx in adv,

gigizmo
Sponsored Links
Old 18th May 2010, 13:32

Default Solution

Ok, i have find why is not possible to do what i want.

thx.
Old 18th May 2010, 13:43

It's always nice to write how you have solved the problem so other people can learn from it
Old 18th May 2010, 13:50

Default Solution

Hallo Damir,

Sorry, but for me, There is no solution is this case. Im in search to a method to use spamassassin for users preferencies, but amavis-new is not able to function in this mode with a db used for spamassassin in my old configuration.

I have read documentation for amavis and it is not compatible with sql spamassassin preferencies.

thx,

gigizmo
Old 18th May 2010, 14:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigizmo View Post
Hallo Damir,

Sorry, but for me, There is no solution is this case. Im in search to a method to use spamassassin for users preferencies, but amavis-new is not able to function in this mode with a db used for spamassassin in my old configuration.

I have read documentation for amavis and it is not compatible with sql spamassassin preferencies.

thx,

gigizmo
Sorry, i thought you found a solution To much coffee for me today.