Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 2nd May 2010, 00:25

Default enable php cli for jailkit chrooted user

hi all,

i'm trying to configure ispconfig to have ssh user that can use php-cli. My ultimate goal is to create with ispconfig a jailkit user that can run symfony task.

I've tryed to changing jailkit conf in ispconfig setting :

/usr/bin/php in " Jailkit chrooted applications" field but it didn't work.

perhaps this is a jailkit configuration issue rather than an ispconfig one, but i really don't get it and i'm not able to find any usefull information over the web

thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd May 2010, 18:44
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,388 Times in 4,233 Posts

Have you ctreated a new website after you added /usr/bin/php to the jailed applications? The jail gets only created once when a website get created, it does not get created when you e.g. add a ssh user to a website that has alraedy jailed ssh users.

To debug this, please create a new website for testing, then add a new jailed ssh user to this site and then check if /usr/bin/php is present in the jail.

Also, is /usr/bin/php the real cli php binary or just a symlink to the binary. You can e.g. test this with:

ls -la /usr/bin/php

If its a symlink, find the php-cli binary and add the path to it in the jailkit configuration instead.
Old 2nd May 2010, 19:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Have you ctreated a new website after you added /usr/bin/php to the jailed applications? The jail gets only created once when a website get created, it does not get created when you e.g. add a ssh user to a website that has alraedy jailed ssh users.
No, I haven't created a new website, only a new user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
To debug this, please create a new website for testing, then add a new jailed ssh user to this site and then check if /usr/bin/php is present in the jail.

Also, is /usr/bin/php the real cli php binary or just a symlink to the binary. You can e.g. test this with:

ls -la /usr/bin/php

If its a symlink, find the php-cli binary and add the path to it in the jailkit configuration instead.
In my env(ubuntu) /usr/bin/php is a symlink to a file that is a symlink to another file, the real path for the php-cli is

/usr/bin/php5

so i've used this one in the jailkit confěguration parameter.

After changing the conf i've created a new site and a new ssh user for it but it still can't use php.

Did you have any other idea ?
Have to wait time between changing jailkit conf and create new site (maybe some cronjob need to run before create a new site with the new conf ?)

Thank for the replay.