Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 1st May 2010, 10:21
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,525 Times in 4,346 Posts

Quote:
Also, I referred to the field directly above the "Apache Directives" text area which is labeled "PHP open_basedir" and contains a bunch of directories which all point to the web root. Why doesn't this field actually do anything? phpinfo() still shows open_basedir as "none". Nothing is working for enabling open_basedir.
I'am sure that the field did what it should. Open the vhost file for this website and check if the line that you inserted into the apache directives field is in there.

So as long as you write sentences like "Why doesn't this field actually do anything?" or blame ispconfig for everything (by the way, why dont we blame intel or amd as they made the processor of the server so they are responsible for every operation done on this piece of hardware) for everything instead of asking for help, you can not expect that everone wants to help you with your problems. If you ask for help politely, you get a polite and fast answer. If you ask for help in a rude way, you get a rude answer or no answer at all.

Quote:
This is in stark contrast to other forums like Joomla, phpBB and others, where help can be found readily from countless contributing members who aren't necessarily developers.
These cms systems are used by a lot of hobbyists that have the time to hang around in forums all day. ISPConfig is mostly used by ISP's that dont have the time to be in the forum or by poeple that istall it once and do not change things often when it works, so they are not here in the forum as well.

To come back to the original problem:

1) Post the top part of the php.ini output that shows if really suphp is used and not e.g. mod_php.
2) Post the part from the php.ini that shows which php.ini files are used.
3) Post the content of the vhost file of this website, it can be found in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled or a similar directory depending on the linux distribution.
Sponsored Links
Old 1st May 2010, 11:41

I think that you can help ispconfig to be better in using the bug tracker. If there isn't enough features, you can do a feature request... Or even, like some people here, you can develop plugins !

I have seen a member of this forum who is begining a web site about the documentation of ispconfig, all initiative are good when it is a free software !

I participate in some free forums, and, in fact, it's always "irritating" to see some people that just comes to say "it's bad, it doesn't work" in place of trying to help the thing to progress...

Free software grows well because of good will. Criticize is surely a good thing, but only when it's not done with bad feelings .
Old 1st May 2010, 12:40

I don't understand why you are using ISPConfig 3 if you prefer ISPConfig 2 - there is even a howto for installing ISPConfig 2 on Lucid Lynx.

I am beginning to think that you are having a lend of us happy ISPConfig 3 users!!
Old 1st May 2010, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_p View Post
The big problem matey is that your approach has been very rude and you tried to 'blame' ISPConfig for problems in the software that it controls.

For example there is no way that ISPConfig shoudl be held repsonsible for the 'deprecated #' warnings from PHP. That warning did not exist before version 5.3. Do you think ISPConfig should be repsonsible for replacing those comments in all the ini files that come with the other software packages?
That is incorrect. I did not blame ISPConfig for the "deprecated #" warning. I mentioned that the cron log file was filled with them, and I said the cron log was useless. Feel free to go re-read that statement in the other thread. Cron is not ISPConfig. Perhaps the developers are a little too sensitive, immediately assuming that any comment is targeted at ISPConfig when it's not. When I asked for help in that other thread (never ONCE blaming ISPConfig for my woes, and simply asking for a better understanding of why things were happening a certain way), I got a response that implied it was all my fault, it couldn't possibly be the fault of ISPConfig, and I ended up getting no help answering my questions.

However I *did* eventually blame the guide for that "deprecated #" issue, and that was incorrect on my part. The issue only happens when using a version of Ubuntu (and therefore php) that the guide was not written for, and for that I apologize.
Old 1st May 2010, 19:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSsab View Post
I don't understand why you are using ISPConfig 3 if you prefer ISPConfig 2 - there is even a howto for installing ISPConfig 2 on Lucid Lynx.

I am beginning to think that you are having a lend of us happy ISPConfig 3 users!!
Actually I did! I switched to lucid with ISPConfig 2, since there's a guide for that and the documentation is far more complete for ISPConfig 2. With any luck, I won't need to use this forum at all!