Old 18th March 2010, 18:47

Default Perl Audio Converter

I've had Perl Audio Converter (pacpl) installed (on Lenny) since version 3.3.2 (about two years). For the last three weeks, whenever I use the program, the server hangs, and needs a hard reboot. Prior to three weeks ago, the program ran perfectly. No other changes / upgrades have been made on the machine around that time.

I use the program to convert .mp2 files that are downloaded each week (via wget) to a .mp3 file.

I couldn't find anything in the logs that indicated what the problem may be. Today, I downloaded version 4.0.5 (newest stable...been released for nearly a year) and that didn't change the outcome...the server still hung.

Any ideas where I can look to find what's wrong?
Sponsored Links
Old 20th March 2010, 20:47

Default Don't you wish you could find that easy button?

From your post, there seems to be 2 steps in the process. Download then convert. Are we downloading? Maybe sounds like we are but unclear if the download is part of the pacpl command.

While you have made no modifications, is your system running an "apt-get update" in cron or do you have a Control Panel what may have updated without your knowledge.

Look for update logs the relate to your configuration. A good starting point is in /var/log.

Hope this helps a little.

"To error is human. To really muck things up requires the root password."
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:06

Perl Audio Converter is a tool for converting multiple audio types from one format to another. It supports AAC, AC3, AIFF, APE, AU, AVR, BONK, CAF, CDR