Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2nd September 2005, 06:23
Art Garfunkle Art Garfunkle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default So close but yet so far. (Setup error)

Hi,

I got through most of the setup but got kicked out after entering my mysql info.

Here's where I am:

Preparing files. Please wait a moment...
All prerequisites are fulfilled.
Here we go...
Please enter your MySQL server:
Please enter your MySQL server:localhost
Please enter your MySQL user:root
Please enter your MySQL password:
OK
Please enter a name for the ISPConfig database (e.g. db_ispconfig):db_ispconfig
Please enter the IP address of the ISPConfig web (e.g. 192.168.0.1):172.16.1.37
OK
Please enter the host name (e.g. www):mainle
Please enter the domain (e.g. xyz.de):mbhsys.com
ERROR: The URL is not reachable! The installation routine stops here!


OK, I probably entered the wrong domain name; and am willing to try again.

BUT do I have to start from the beginning again? Please say no!

That would be a royal pain. And what if I get the domain wrong again?!

Is there a way to test that I have the correct domain?

Is there some way to start where the installation left off?

Thanks,

AG
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 2nd September 2005, 06:43
ahuen ahuen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Garfunkle
Hi,

I got through most of the setup but got kicked out after entering my mysql info.

Here's where I am:

Preparing files. Please wait a moment...
All prerequisites are fulfilled.
Here we go...
Please enter your MySQL server:
Please enter your MySQL server:localhost
Please enter your MySQL user:root
Please enter your MySQL password:
OK
Please enter a name for the ISPConfig database (e.g. db_ispconfig):db_ispconfig
Please enter the IP address of the ISPConfig web (e.g. 192.168.0.1):172.16.1.37
OK
Please enter the host name (e.g. www):mainle
Please enter the domain (e.g. xyz.de):mbhsys.com
ERROR: The URL is not reachable! The installation routine stops here!


OK, I probably entered the wrong domain name; and am willing to try again.

BUT do I have to start from the beginning again? Please say no!

That would be a royal pain. And what if I get the domain wrong again?!

Is there a way to test that I have the correct domain?

Is there some way to start where the installation left off?

Thanks,

AG
Art,

I got the same problem and here is the resolution. for the hostname leave it blank and for the domain name enter your ip address. it worked for me.

Regards,
Al
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2nd September 2005, 06:54
Art Garfunkle Art Garfunkle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuen
Art,

I got the same problem and here is the resolution. for the hostname leave it blank and for the domain name enter your ip address. it worked for me.

Regards,
Al
Thanks Al!

But do I have to start all over again or is there some way to pick up where I left off?

Thanks,

AG
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2nd September 2005, 08:00
ahuen ahuen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Art,

i think you have to start over.

Al
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2nd September 2005, 10:05
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 37,015
Thanks: 840
Thanked 5,652 Times in 4,461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuen
Art,

i think you have to start over.

Al
Yes, make shure you delete the install_ispconfig directory and unpack the installer tar.gz again. If you want to test your domain before:

your host is: server1
your domain is: yourdomain.com

When you can make a

Code:
ping server1.yourdomain.com
the installation will proceed.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2nd September 2005, 21:39
Art Garfunkle Art Garfunkle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Yes, make shure you delete the install_ispconfig directory and unpack the installer tar.gz again. If you want to test your domain before:

your host is: server1
your domain is: yourdomain.com

When you can make a

Code:
ping server1.yourdomain.com
the installation will proceed.
Hi Till,

Thanks!

OK I followed your suggestions (above), deleted the install_ispconfig directory and unpacked the installer tar.gz again and re-installed.

This time, things seemed to go OK. It never asked for my domain and never offered to install in Advanced mode. But other than that it seemed to work OK.

At the end, it said it had succeeded.

BUT. I can't get to the administrator.

https://<hostname>:81/ doesn't work. Nor does
https://localhost:81/

I did find the correct hostname via ping <hostname>. It pinged!

In all attempts I get "Cannot connect to host <hostname/localhost> (port 81)."

Also, when I try to follow the installation instructions to set up SpamAssassin, I run into an error at the command: "install DB_File". Here is the text of the error:

gcc -c -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include -DPERL_DISABLE_PMC -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -march=i586 -mtune=pentiumpro -DVERSION=\"1.811\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.811\" -fPIC "-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i386-linux/CORE" -D_NOT_CORE -DmDB_Prefix_t=size_t -DmDB_Hash_t=u_int32_t version.c
version.c:30:16: db.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [version.o] Error 1
/usr/bin/make -- NOT OK
Running make test
Can't test without successful make
Running make install
make had returned bad status, install seems impossible


What I can do to figure out what went wrong?

Thanks for your help,

AG
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2nd September 2005, 22:08
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,581 Posts
Default

If the ISPConfig installer didn't ask anything than it was in update mode which means it found an existing installation and updated it. You can try to set your correct host/domain in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php. If that doesn't help, uninstall ISPConfig:
Code:
/root/ispconfig/uninstall
and install a new ISPConfig.

Quote:
Also, when I try to follow the installation instructions to set up SpamAssassin, I run into an error at the command: "install DB_File". Here is the text of the error:

gcc -c -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include -DPERL_DISABLE_PMC -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -march=i586 -mtune=pentiumpro -DVERSION=\"1.811\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.811\" -fPIC "-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i386-linux/CORE" -D_NOT_CORE -DmDB_Prefix_t=size_t -DmDB_Hash_t=u_int32_t version.c
version.c:30:16: db.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [version.o] Error 1
/usr/bin/make -- NOT OK
Running make test
Can't test without successful make
Running make install
make had returned bad status, install seems impossible


What I can do to figure out what went wrong?
You might have to install some Berkeley db packages first, like this:

Code:
apt-get install db-devel
Run
Code:
apt-cache search db
to find available packages to install.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 3rd September 2005, 00:15
Art Garfunkle Art Garfunkle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
If the ISPConfig installer didn't ask anything than it was in update mode which means it found an existing installation and updated it. You can try to set your correct host/domain in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php. If that doesn't help, uninstall ISPConfig:
Code:
/root/ispconfig/uninstall
and install a new ISPConfig.
Hi Falko,

Many thanks!

.../ispconfig/uninstall didn't exist on my system. Probably do to difficulties in the installation. I renamed /root/ispconfig and /home/admispconfig and the new installation went flawlessly. Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
You might have to install some Berkeley db packages first, like this:

Code:
apt-get install db-devel
Run
Code:
apt-cache search db
to find available packages to install.
That worked. Thanks again.

Now I can get to the login screen with https://<my hostname>:81/ but I have no idea what my user name and p/w are. I don't think I was ever asked.

I tried root/<my linux p/w> and root/<my mysql pw>. Neither worked.

I guess there must be a default in order to get started, but what is it???

Thanks,

AG
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 3rd September 2005, 00:43
palkat palkat is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 91
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

your default ispconfig login is:

login: admin
pass: admin
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 3rd September 2005, 02:32
Art Garfunkle Art Garfunkle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by palkat
your default ispconfig login is:

login: admin
pass: admin
Thanks palkat,

I ended up changing the password in the sys_user table.

Thanks,

AG
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Could not make OpenSSL yontengyatso Installation/Configuration 3 3rd November 2005 11:50
ISPConfig on Centos Error so_ Installation/Configuration 2 31st August 2005 23:55
ERROR While upgrading to 2.0.8 adamluz Installation/Configuration 2 29th August 2005 22:30
Installation error - Makefile is older than makefile.org sybella1 Installation/Configuration 0 25th August 2005 21:49
Error in Instalation (mysql header) juampi Installation/Configuration 2 5th August 2005 23:37


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.