Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 14th April 2010, 06:51

Default SSL install: cannot find new certificate

Hi,

I'm bumping my head into the wall. Here is my case:

1) I have two co-loc servers installed with ISPConfig (not sure about the version now but I installed them in 2007). Let me call them A and B.

2) Server A has multiple IP addresses so all the virtual servers are IP-based;
Server B has only 1 IP address so all the virtual servers are Name-based;

3) Now I started installing SSL certificate for my virtual servers.

-- For A: it works like a charm and I have my servers configured with SSL in one minute.

-- For B: I knew it's not possible (well before Apache 2.2.8, it may work with some hack) to enable SSL on all Name-based virtual hosts. But I only want to enable SSL on **one** virtual host.
The problem is: no matter how I configured the SSL in apache httpd.conf and Vhost conf files, this virtual host *always* returns an invalid SSL certificate which I created years ago when installing ISPconfig.

It never returns the new-certificate I just installed. I have searched through all the configuration files but I cannot find where and how it still refers to old certificate files.

4) In the meantime, I modified ISPConfig's conf files, and ISPconfig can now be accessed with new SSL without any problem.

5) This may be a little long, but can someone help me on to make one of my virtual server on B to work with new SSL certificate?

Thanks a lot in advance.

-- James

Last edited by JamesD; 14th April 2010 at 06:56.
Sponsored Links
Old 14th April 2010, 08:05

Default Fixed

Ok, on Server B, since it's a single IP address server, I also need to update /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf with my new certificate to make it work.

Cheers,

-- JamesD