Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 17th July 2014, 02:20

Default Commented out disable_functions in php.ini to create CSR with ISPconfig 3

First I would like to thank SIPHERDEE for the post Unable to generate a CSR using the control panel (continued)

By commenting out the line:
Code:
;disable_functions = pcntl_alarm,pcntl_fork,pcntl_waitpid,pcntl_wait,pcntl_wifexited,pcntl_wifstopped,pcntl_wifsignaled,pcntl_wexitstatus,pcntl_wtermsig,pcntl_wstopsig,pcntl_signal,pcntl_signal_dispatch,pcntl_get_last_error,pcntl_strerror,pcntl_sigprocmask,pcntl_sigwaitinfo,pcntl_sigtimedwait,pcntl_exec,pcntl_getpriority,pcntl_setpriority,
in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini, I was able to generate a CSR.

Now, is it safe to continue with this line commented and/or what part of the line prevented me from generating a CSR before I comment it out?

THX
-John
The Following User Says Thank You to unsichtbare For This Useful Post:
bowlAltetle (28th July 2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 17th July 2014, 09:57
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,612 Times in 4,423 Posts

The line does not has to be commented out in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini as ispconfig does not use this php.ini file, but it has to be commented out in /etc/php5/cli/php.ini if it contains a line to diable the exc command on your server.
Old 17th July 2014, 16:34

Very odd.

Prior to commenting ";disable_functions" in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini, when I tried to create a certificate (CSR), the SSL Tab (for the site) closed and returned me to the top-level list of websites.

After I commented ";disable_functions" in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini, I was able to create a CSR and save the cert/bundle from my CA.

Because I was unaware which php.ini would affect ISPconfig, I was going to try commenting ";disable_functions" in each of the php.ini sequentially. Because the change to ";disable_functions" in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini did the trick, I looked no further.

-John
Old 18th July 2014, 19:45

Default Update: disable_functions

I took Till's advice and un-commented disable_functions in: /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini, and then commented it in in: /etc/php5/cli/php.ini

It seems that when I create a SSL in the ISPconfig web GUI, it will not appear until I restart apache2.

In other words; I select 'Create Certificate' then click Save and it takes me back to the top-level list of sites. If I select the site, then SSL tab, there is nothing. If I restart apache2, then look at the SSL tab for the site, the SSL Cert Req and everything else is there!
The Following User Says Thank You to unsichtbare For This Useful Post:
bowlAltetle (21st July 2014)