Old 5th March 2010, 16:31

Default how to forward mails

Hi, I have several mailboxes into the same domain. I would like to forward all of them to one dedicated mailbox.
So if I have client1@mydomain.com, client2@mydomain.com, how to forward them to backup@mydomain.com?
Sponsored Links
Old 5th March 2010, 18:10

- quicky add DNS -> DNS Wizard Template check MX http://www.intodns.com/
- Add email domain
- Email forward -> Write email alias: backup@mydomain.com -> choose domain and final -> destination existing email: client1@mydomain.com client2@mydomain.com
Active - Yes

Save

and Test

Last edited by Nikola; 5th March 2010 at 18:15.
Old 5th March 2010, 22:22

I'm sorry I still don't get it:
According to my understanding, I have three mailboxes - client1@mydomain.com, client2@mydomain.com, backup@mydomain.com. So those three mailboxes are up and running (I already created them via ISPConfig panel).
So if I tried to put backup in field "alias" and choose mydomain.com as Domain, I've got "# There is already a mailbox with this email address" error.
What's wrong?
Old 6th March 2010, 08:09

Send a message via Yahoo to dipeshmehta Send a message via Skype™ to dipeshmehta

Hello,

I understand that you need to forward all mails to one user account for backup purpose. In this case, you can use postfix's always_bcc feature. It forwards a copy of each mail to your backup account.

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#always_bcc

Hope this helps.

Dipesh
Old 6th March 2010, 10:04

I thought I can do that via ISPConfig pannel - I noticed "email forward" functionality and my understanding is that I can use it in order to forward all mailboxes -> backup mailbox.
If I have to forward mailboxes to mail alias, it is ok for me as soon as I find a way to get forwarded email from the mail alias. Can I do that?
Old 6th March 2010, 11:05

email: backup@mydomain.com must be function example: aaa@gmail.com or in ISPConfig Add Email Domain, Email - Email box - Add new email box ... backup and choose domain for it ...