Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 1st March 2010, 14:37
HowtoForge Supporter

Default Server not reachable after setting

I accidentally klicked on
[server]
auto_network_configuration=

Now my server is not accessible. What does auto-network_configuration do? And how can I reset it?
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:27
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,340 Times in 4,189 Posts

The auto network configuration reconfigures the eth0 network card of your server with the settings that are on the same page below the checkbox. If the settings are not correct or your server does not use eth0 as main network card, it may become unreachable. Thats why it is disabled by default. To be able to reach your server again, you will have to reconfigure the network card settings with the tools of your linux distribution or ín the network config files. For debian and ubuntu, this is /etc/network/interfaces. You will find some example config files in the perfect server guide.