Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 28th February 2010, 14:28

Default Apache message: the load is too high

Hello,

I have a cluster based on this how-to http://www.howtoforge.com/high_avail...apache_cluster with more than 10 nodes. The problem is that I cannot predict if my nodes will handle the traffic in the next day (hosting a website based on daily campaigns). So I decided to limit the number of active connection on the nodes (from apache), but this is only a temporary solution. I want to create a page that will appear to users that are getting over the limit. Has anyone made this before? Can you tell me how is it possible (I don't want a how to, just a starting point to study)? I think squid can do it, but I don't know how to search for it.

To give you an example of what I want, you can see the same thing on deviantart.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links