Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 12th March 2010, 15:23
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by happz View Post
but where do i add the "glue" record...on Godaddy under 123.com somewhere or on the ISPConfig server
At GoDaddy.

These two tutorials might give you the idea:
http://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig_dns_godaddy
http://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig_...domain_schlund (contains something about glue records)

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Sponsored Links
Old 17th April 2010, 02:18

Default Update!!!

I could not ever get emails to go to roundcube or any of the other plugin emails systems so I wiped out centos and now have ubuntu but problem still exist. However, now I can give you an exact error I get when sending an email to my web1 users admin@abc.com and here it is:

-Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 <admin@abc.com>: Relay access denied (state 14).-

Any idea on this? relay access denied??? I can send emails from roundcube. Not sure what is going on....

happz
Old 17th April 2010, 18:46
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,545 Posts

Please make sure that the MX record for abc.com points to the correct server. you can check that by running
Code:
dig mx abc.com

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 17th April 2010, 21:55

Default Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
Please make sure that the MX record for abc.com points to the correct server. you can check that by running
Code:
dig mx abc.com
I've used this exact setup I am using now many times throughout the years so I am not sure why it is not working but I do want to say that i've found a different way to configure my server with domains purchased through godaddy.

I made a technical domain- 123.com and add A records to it= srv1.123.com and srv2.123.com

Then build my ISPConfig server like this: and during the installation I make hostname= srv1 and make full in the /etc/hosts=srv1.123.com and on srv2 i made the same like srv2 and /etc/hosts=srv2.123.com

Now, ISPConfig install on the last stage of the installation you are presented with the question www and I chose= srv1 and for the question xyz.tld I chose 123.com so when I am complete I have an ISPConfig server like this: srv1.123.com and the other server is srv2.123.com!

So I do the first setps: change password, Create Master DNS=123.com(with static dsl IP) Then under DNS I click Records and add the A Record=srv1 with static IP of dsl.

Then I build my first site=abc.com and click dns and dns mx which creates an entry under the DNS tab. I go to the new DNS entry and change the abc.com from the 192.x.x.x to my static IP and the same for the record www=static IP. For the MX is always has srv1.123.com and worked before.....

Please review what I am doing and tell me why this is what is causing this issue because in the past, it would work.

Now, when I dig the mx record the results are:

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;abc.com. IN MX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
abc.com. 86400 IN MX 10 srv1.123.com.
l
;; Query time: 408 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.1.254#53(192.168.1.1)
;; WHEN: Sat Apr 17 15:42:12 2010
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 78

Thanks for your help!

happz