Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 5th January 2010, 11:59

Default No Administrator checkbox visible

Since my upgrade to ISPconfig 2.2.35 I don't have a ' Administor' checkbox within the user e-mail form.

When I go to a site, and list the e-mail/users then I do see the admin column. However when I open a user then the checkbox 'Administrator' is gone and I cannot set / unset the site FTP administrator. I checked the form editor and it is nicely set to visible.

It dissapeared after I've upgraded to 2.2.35 about one week ago.
Sponsored Links
Old 6th January 2010, 11:45
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,255 Times in 4,121 Posts

I will check this.
Old 6th January 2010, 12:21
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,255 Times in 4,121 Posts

There must be a problem with the update on your server. It seems to be that the doctype table has not been filled with the updated doctypes or that you installed a database of a prior ispconfig version.

Please download ISPConfig 2.2.35 again and run the setup script to do the update again.
Old 12th February 2010, 23:21

Thanks for your response however re-upgraded was not an option for me.

I had too much trouble already with the upgrade. Besides that I've modified some files. E.g. isp_username.plugin.php as I don't use the web prefix, but use the domainname.com_admin structure and isp_username.plugin.php to disallow to edit the e-mail. This allows users to login with their normal e-mail account (abc@domain.com). For dovecot I've added auth_username_format = "%Ld_%Ln" to allow also normal e-mail login. I've increased the user_username column of isp_isp_user to 50 and my linux fedora 12 allows the large user names (length of 38is my largest one).

Anyway, I manager to fix the loss of the Administrator checkbox. I first made a backup of the database. Used the form editor to changed the isp ISP user form and editted the current user_admin and renamed to user_admin2. Then I made a new user_admin checkbox with a name and defaults. Then I run an sql update:
update isp_isp_user set user_admin = user_admin2
this will restore the admin flags.

Now I'm able to see the administrator checkbox when I'm editing the e-mail details for a customer. So far it's working properly now!

So thanks to your direction I was managing to fix it.