I apologize in advance for posting this as a new thread. I really have no idea where to post this, or if you guys run Bugzilla or what. But I found an issue with the installer (php -q install.php) for ISPConfig3 and version 5.0.3 of Debian.
The install fails on line 135 of install.php. Upon examining the code I found that on line 73, install.php get's the file contents of '/etc/debian_version' and compares that against '5.0' and 'lenny/sid'. The problem is that for version 5.0.3 of Debain, the file contains '5.0.3'.
I edited the install.php to check for '5.0.3' instead of '5.0' and it worked great. I have just about zero linux experience, if I didn't no PHP I would have been sunk.
This tutorial was a life saver: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-se...-ispconfig3-p5