Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 9th June 2008, 10:07

Hi, thanks for the reply,

that was of course the first thing i have done regarding the perfect debian setup, but unfortunately it doesnt seem to work...

Please help, i should move to maildir ASAP, mbox is making troubles, on the server there are 500 domains and more than 5000 mailboxes, every day some mailbox gets locked...

Regards
Sponsored Links
Old 9th June 2008, 10:13
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts

1) Post the output of:

netstat -tap

2) Post a excerpt of your mail log, that shows when a message is received.
3) Check with repquota -avug, that the user and group quota of the accounts is not full.
Old 9th June 2008, 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
1) Post the output of:

netstat -tap

2) Post a excerpt of your mail log, that shows when a message is received.
3) Check with repquota -avug, that the user and group quota of the accounts is not full.
Thanks for the very quick response!!!

netstat -tap (established connections are excluded):

Code:
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 *:imaps                 *:*                     LISTEN     2617/inetd
tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN     569/mysqld
tcp        0      0 *:pop3                  *:*                     LISTEN     26840/popa3d
tcp        0      0 *:imap2                 *:*                     LISTEN     2617/inetd
tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                     LISTEN     2112/portmap
tcp        0      0 *:81                    *:*                     LISTEN     343/ispconfig_httpd
tcp        0      0 *:auth                  *:*                     LISTEN     2617/inetd
tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN     7606/proftpd: (acce
tcp        0      0 *:54869                 *:*                     LISTEN     2754/rpc.statd
tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN     20447/master
tcp6       0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN     22021/apache2
tcp6       0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN     2707/sshd
tcp6       0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN     20447/master
tcp6       0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN     22021/apache2
a piece of the mail.log

Code:
Jun  9 10:28:01 server1 postfix/qmgr[20457]: 94FE5A8F58C: from=<donation@stlzoo.org>, size=4268, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Jun  9 10:28:01 server1 procmail[26485]: Suspicious rcfile "/var/www/web_ID/user/user_domain.com/.procmailrc"
Jun  9 10:28:01 server1 postfix/local[25488]: 94FE5A8F58C: to=<user_domain@server1.example.com>, orig_to=<user@domain.com>, relay=local, delay=0.96, delays=0.94/0/0/0.02, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -f-)
Jun  9 10:28:01 server1 postfix/qmgr[20457]: 94FE5A8F58C: removed
quota should be not full, as i have made the test i have adjusted the quota of the test domain and the test user very high but the mailsystem still saved the mails in /var/mail/username not in $HOME/Maildir, so i decided to revert the settings back to mbox. Now i have the uw-imap daemon and the popa3d, because with courier installed and mbox enabled users are unable to login to their mail accounts.
BTW - some hint. In 1 of the posts above i have mentioned that the server is moved from another machine - on the old machine mailsystem was mbox. On the new i have set it to Maildir, but EVERY mailaccount of a user that was moved from the old to the new gets the mails in /var/mail/username, BUT newly created users got their mails in $HOME/Maildir, it was not the .procmailrc - i have pasted above an example of the .procmailrc file of an old a user which was setuped to get his mails in $HOME/Maildir but still got them in /var/mail/username

Thanks!!!
Old 13th June 2008, 11:06

Ok, now my server uses Maildir and it works perfect. The next problem approaches: converting /var/mail/username to $home/Maildir. In the archives i have found this:
http://http://www.howtoforge.com/for...p/t-10775.html

BUT it works only "whole" usernames, usernames containing "_" which are 90% of my usernames do not get converted. I need some help to understand why this happens...

Thanks!
Old 13th June 2008, 11:30
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts

I used the mb2md script to convert mailbox files:

http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md/

I used the following small php shell script to convert all mbox files at once with the mb2md script:

Code:
<?

// This script converts the content of mailboxes in /var/spool/mail
// to mail directories

$dir = "/var/spool/mail/";

if (is_dir($dir)) {
        if ($dh = opendir($dir)) {
        while (($file = readdir($dh)) !== false) {
                if($file != '.' && $file != '..' && filesize("/var/spool/mail/".$file) > 0 && $file != 'Maildir') {
                        exec('mkdir /tmp/mb2md_temp');
                        $sourcefile = "/var/spool/mail/".$file;
                        $userid = fileowner($sourcefile);
                        $userinfo = posix_getpwuid($userid);
                        $username = $userinfo["name"];
                        $homedir = $userinfo["dir"];
                        $command = "/usr/bin/mb2md -s $sourcefile -d /tmp/mb2md_temp";
                        echo $command."\n";
                        exec($command);
                        $command = "chown $username /tmp/mb2md_temp/cur/*";
                        echo $command."\n";
                        exec($command);
                        $command = "mv /tmp/mb2md_temp/cur/* $homedir/Maildir/new/";
                        echo $command."\n";
                        exec($command);
                        exec("rm -rf /tmp/mb2md_temp");
                        exec("rm -f $sourcefile");
                }
        }
        closedir($dh);
        }
}

?>
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
blocker (13th June 2008)
Old 13th June 2008, 12:03

YOU MADE MY DAY DUDE

thanks it works PERFECT!!!
Old 13th June 2008, 12:59

I still have problems with the move, some users/domains are receiving in the Maildir some are still receiving in /var/mail

users that receive in /var/mail have a .procmailrc which is containing Mildir!, i have also tried removing the .procmailrc file but without it the mails still goes to /var/mail

Please help!
Old 13th June 2008, 13:16

i remember now something...

the current server is moved from an old ispconfig server, which had the remoting tool installed (stable+remoting tool). I think the domains/users that still receive their mail in /var/mail are created all with the remoting tool...
So i think the problem should be somewhere in the DB of ispconfig, but where should i seek...

thanks
Old 13th June 2008, 15:42

Yes, whole domains are "jumping" over the global postfix config and over their users .procmailrc - this is really wired
its like pain in the a$$
Old 13th June 2008, 16:20

deleting the user and then recreate it, does the trick, afterwards the user receives in $HOME/Maildir

but why is that, i see myself like deleting thousands of users and restoring them

Last edited by blocker; 13th June 2008 at 16:43.