Originally Posted by till
1) Post the output of:
2) Post a excerpt of your mail log, that shows when a message is received.
3) Check with repquota -avug, that the user and group quota of the accounts is not full.
Thanks for the very quick response!!!
netstat -tap (established connections are excluded):
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 *:imaps *:* LISTEN 2617/inetd
tcp 0 0 *:mysql *:* LISTEN 569/mysqld
tcp 0 0 *:pop3 *:* LISTEN 26840/popa3d
tcp 0 0 *:imap2 *:* LISTEN 2617/inetd
tcp 0 0 *:sunrpc *:* LISTEN 2112/portmap
tcp 0 0 *:81 *:* LISTEN 343/ispconfig_httpd
tcp 0 0 *:auth *:* LISTEN 2617/inetd
tcp 0 0 *:ftp *:* LISTEN 7606/proftpd: (acce
tcp 0 0 *:54869 *:* LISTEN 2754/rpc.statd
tcp 0 0 *:smtp *:* LISTEN 20447/master
tcp6 0 0 *:www *:* LISTEN 22021/apache2
tcp6 0 0 *:ssh *:* LISTEN 2707/sshd
tcp6 0 0 *:smtp *:* LISTEN 20447/master
tcp6 0 0 *:https *:* LISTEN 22021/apache2
a piece of the mail.log
Jun 9 10:28:01 server1 postfix/qmgr: 94FE5A8F58C: from=<firstname.lastname@example.org>, size=4268, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Jun 9 10:28:01 server1 procmail: Suspicious rcfile "/var/www/web_ID/user/user_domain.com/.procmailrc"
Jun 9 10:28:01 server1 postfix/local: 94FE5A8F58C: to=<email@example.com>, orig_to=<firstname.lastname@example.org>, relay=local, delay=0.96, delays=0.94/0/0/0.02, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -f-)
Jun 9 10:28:01 server1 postfix/qmgr: 94FE5A8F58C: removed
quota should be not full, as i have made the test i have adjusted the quota of the test domain and the test user very high but the mailsystem still saved the mails in /var/mail/username not in $HOME/Maildir, so i decided to revert the settings back to mbox. Now i have the uw-imap daemon and the popa3d, because with courier installed and mbox enabled users are unable to login to their mail accounts.
BTW - some hint. In 1 of the posts above i have mentioned that the server is moved from another machine - on the old machine mailsystem was mbox. On the new i have set it to Maildir, but EVERY mailaccount of a user that was moved from the old to the new gets the mails in /var/mail/username, BUT newly created users got their mails in $HOME/Maildir, it was not the .procmailrc - i have pasted above an example of the .procmailrc file of an old a user which was setuped to get his mails in $HOME/Maildir but still got them in /var/mail/username