I have installed a mailserver on my server based on the "Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Debian Lenny)" tutorial.
It works fine, but...
- I first tried it with a meaningfull domain ( "example.com") as "system mail name" (so not "server1.example.com")
- But I could not create virtual user id's for that domain after doing that - it wanted a real user-directory
- So I switched to a technical servername ("server1.example.com").
- But I now want a "real" (CA signed) certificate for the mailserver - and I would like to use a meaningfull domain-name for that.
- This leaves me with the following question: can I create virtual user id's for the "system mail name"-domain? And what do I need to do to make that work? (or should it have worked - and did I do something wrong?)