To connect to a virtual machine:
1. In Virtual Machines view, expand All Hosts in the navigation pane, and navigate to the host on which the virtual machine is deployed.
2. In the results pane, click the virtual machine.
3. To start the virtual machine if it is not already running, in the Actions pane, under Virtual Machine, click Start. VMM automatically attempts to connect to any running virtual machine that you select in the results pane and adds a thumbnail of this connection: the desktop of the virtual machine to the virtual machine details.
4. To launch a larger connection window so that you can log on to the virtual machine, take one of the following actions:
- Double-click the thumbnail.
- In the Actions pane, under Virtual Machine, click Connect to virtual machine.
5. In the dialog box, press Right-ALT+DELETE (hold down the ALT key on the right side of the spacebar while you press DELETE) to display the logon prompt for the guest operating system running in the virtual machine.
6. Log on to the virtual machine.