Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 2nd November 2009, 12:28

Default ***SPAM*** to .Spam folder & reports

New install today - all works well....but...

I have searched the forum in relation to the issue of moving mail items marked as ***SPAM*** at a domain level

1. Set Spam Filter Policy as "Normal"
2. SPAM subject tag as ***SPAM***

This works fine & I tested using "Permissive" & "Uncensored" to ensure the mail was being tagged & delivered to the mail boxes.

I migrated previously saved emails & folders from an older mail server set up including the .Spam folders.

I have read through a number of threads that mention domain wide filters that can be set - I can't seem to find anything in the global filters that would allow me to flag a subject line & a destination folder [or email]

I apologise for asking a question that has been raised previously but none of the solutions/threads I read gave a clear step by step answer for the current version.

Also in a previous system I would get warning emails for virus & banned contents - is that possible?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:47
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,496 Times in 4,326 Posts

You can set a filter on the ***SPAM*** subject only on mailbox level (on the filter tab) and not on the domain level. If you want to have such a filter globally for all domains, you can also edit the /var/www/.mailfilter file. This file is in maildrop syntax.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:59

Got it - made a filter on a mailbox & copy/pasted the syntax in to the domain level file.

Thanks