I'm not really sure what to call this problem. I've had a few ISPConfig servers running for a couple years now with no problem and love it. Then the other day, I get this great idea that I want to setup a dimdim server so I installed VMWare Server2 on my ispconfig test server. I could only get it to work inside my network but I didn't like it so I stopped wasting my time with it. However, I think the install of the VMWare Server broke something in ISPConfig. My problem is this.
When I type in the domain name that should go to the test server (http://test.xxxxxxx.com
) I get "Oops! This link appears to be broken."
So I start tracking down everything. Using IP Chicken I get my IP Address and check my DNS records at GoDaddy... they have the same IP address. I try going to the ip address GoDaddy lists (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
) I get the default shared hosting webpage for my test server. I've checked all the forwarding rules in my network and they all look like they should route any port 80 traffic to the test server. It's like the ability for the test server to resolve a domain name was broken when I installed VMWare Server but I don't know where to fix it.