Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 28th August 2005, 07:15

Default how to download/install ISPConfig

Im very sorry for being so ignorant in linux..

I've followed the installation instruction for Debian 3.1 to the very detail it took me 24 hours less 4 hours of sleep hehehe... but now im stuck in how to install the ISPConfig on my Debian 3.1 system..

I dont know how to download the ISPConfig*.tar.gz to my harddisk.. I was stuck on the instruction

tar xvfz ISPConfig*.tar.gz
No such file or directory

I only could download a file if I were using a web browser which my perfect debian installation does not have a graphical interface im at a loss in using the shell.. could you be so kind enough to teach me the very detail in downloading the file to my system... so I could try and follow the instrution of installing ISPConfig...

Thank you...

Last edited by Ryanayr; 28th August 2005 at 08:16. Reason: change title
Sponsored Links
Old 28th August 2005, 10:33
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,377 Times in 4,224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanayr
Im very sorry for being so ignorant in linux..

I've followed the installation instruction for Debian 3.1 to the very detail it took me 24 hours less 4 hours of sleep hehehe... but now im stuck in how to install the ISPConfig on my Debian 3.1 system..

I dont know how to download the ISPConfig*.tar.gz to my harddisk.. I was stuck on the instruction

tar xvfz ISPConfig*.tar.gz
No such file or directory

I only could download a file if I were using a web browser which my perfect debian installation does not have a graphical interface im at a loss in using the shell.. could you be so kind enough to teach me the very detail in downloading the file to my system... so I could try and follow the instrution of installing ISPConfig...

Thank you...

Here some detailed instructions. On the commandline execute:

Code:
wget http://unc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/ispconfig/ISPConfig-2.0.8.tar.gz
tar xvfz ISPConfig-2.0.8.tar.gz
cd install_ispconfig
./setup