Old 17th October 2009, 17:52

Default Postfix Catch-all

Iíve looked all over the internet and canít find an answer to this, so Iím hoping someone can help me!
Iím running Postfix 2.3.3 on CentOS and Iím using virtual domains which are stored in a MySQL database. Basically some of the domains have a catch-all account for example catchall@example.com. However when an email is sent to bob@example.com the Delivered-To header seems to get rewritten by Postfix and becomes catchall@example.com. This is fine as the mail is delivered to the catchall mailbox. My problem comes however when our end user downloads the mail from the catchall@example.com account using MS Exchange as it tries to deliver mail to catchall@example.com on the local domain instead of bob@example.com and that user doesnít exist so the mail gets bounced back. This also happens if the transport mappings are set to forward all mail via SMTP directly to the end users exchange server.

Is there any why I can get round this, or can I configure postfix so that it delivers the mail to the catchall mailbox without changing the Delivered-To header?
Sponsored Links