Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 1st October 2009, 15:35

Default RAID Problems with mainboard SATA Ports

Hi,

I use debian "lenny" with a Software Raid 5 (mdadm). I have 2 SATA Ports on the Mainboard and 3 SATA Ports on a PCI SATA Controller (SiliconImage). I have 3 Harddisks on the SiliconImage SATA Controller in my RAID 5 and want to extend it with a Harddisk connected to a SATA Port on the mainboard. The resync of the new Disk was succesfully but after a reboot the Disk goes failed.

I thing the driver of the mainboard SATA Controller was not present when the Raid goes online. -> how can i load the mainboard SATA driver earlier? Can i change the order of the loading drivers?

mfg
reimgun
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd October 2009, 08:37

Default RAID Problems with mainboard SATA Ports

Hi,

further information

I have a Tranquil BBS2 NAS Box. The SATA Controller Card is an "SIL 3124 raid card" with 3 SATA Ports and 1 eSATA.
The Mainboard (with 2 SATA Ports) is an micro ITX with Intel Chipset and Intel Atom 330 CPU.

in "hwinfo --storage" the drivers for Sil 3124 are shown as "sata_sil" and i think the driver for the onboard SATA are "piix".

How can i load this driver earlier than mdadm? is it posible to load this driver in a ramdisk? if so, how?

mfg
GŁnther